2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s that defensive set up on set pieces 2 banks of 4 very deep in the box.
If you've watched the video of Andy Gray and Keys talking about it, It's quite clever to be honest, If Spurs set up like you mentioned against that Digne freekick good chance that goal might not even happen.

Salah is playing in a better team, he takes all the pens, and he’s probably on something as well.

Richarlison would look like Ronaldo 9 in that team.
I’d love us to move Richarlison centrally to be our main striker like ronaldo. He does well on the left cutting in (apart from yesterday) but I still think there’s so much more to come from him. In my eyes he’s a more natural finisher then Calvert-Lewin, both have exceptional work rate for the team, but if Richarlison was played centrally, I think we’d have that 20 goal a season striker we crave, being set up by the guile of James and Lozano or Zaha.

If you've watched the video of Andy Gray and Keys talking about it, It's quite clever to be honest, If Spurs set up like you mentioned against that Digne freekick good chance that goal might not even happen.

To defend that deep you have to be confident that you will be able to win most of the headers. If Spurs had done that I would say we would have a cracking chance of getting a header in a position where it doesn't take much to get a goal with any kind of contact. We have now got 4 tall players that are very good at attacking aerial balls.

I was curious until Andy Gray explained it. All our defending players facing the ball being able to attack it whereas the opposition will probably only be able to get flick ons. Gray explains it better and it did sound good although we didn't see it in action because of the poor free kicks

He had a ridiculous pre-season blog saying he wasn't up to much and we should have signed Deeney. I mean how he can watch that game and reduce it to "a couple of cross field passes" is inane. Ben Davies was trying to volley him all game and didn't lay a glove on him.
Some pundits at times you think how they get paid. Anyone with a decent football mind could see Rodriguez was the best player on the pitch. A player that seems to have a extra few seconds of time on the ball. For his first game in the prem, and for someone who hasn’t played much football we couldn’t off asked for more. Well maybe a goal haha.

Interesting segment. Richard Keys is one massive bute at times though isn't he? "Flashes I'll accept" about James. Yea alright Keys, James was rubbish. The absolute state of him.
good little clip that, but christ, how much football has Keys watched in his life and he comes out with the opinion that James contributed a couple of passes and a missed shot?
His movement pulled spurs all over the place!

good little clip that, but christ, how much football has Keys watched in his life and he comes out with the opinion that James contributed a couple of passes and a missed shot?
His movement pulled spurs all over the place!
And that is why he’s a pundit (a very well paid pundit) who to my knowledge has never played football before. No wonder Andy Gray and de Jong we’re laughing, they know a class footballer when they see one.

This win is worth more than any others this weekend combined. Maybe the most difficult manager to play away from home and we got a win. So whilst the Arsenals, Leicesters and Manchester’s bummed their opponents, we got that big 6 win that we needed to kick us off. Have to take it to West Brom this weekend. Start off strong and threaten those top sides

Status
Not open for further replies.