2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is even with the limited bench our 11 on the pitch was better than the opposition's 11 yet time after time we have been beaten this season.

That ultimately raises questions on the management / tactics.
But not in the key central midfield area. Doucoure and Allan would have made a differ yesterday, no doubt.

Is there anybody who would rather have Moyes right now (who is doing a great job at West Ham credit to him) over Ancelotti who is about to be backed in his second summer where the last one saw us add James, Allan, Doucoure, Godfrey? Injuries have hit the first three unfortunately as they have most of the football world this season but surely everyone can see there’s no glass ceiling under Carlo where Moyes showed his limitations as he could never kick us on to the next level.
I don't know because I have never seen Moyes backed by the levels of investment you claim Ancelotti will be this summer (and I actually doubt the quality of player that will be bought anyway)

But not in the key central midfield area. Doucoure and Allan would have made a differ yesterday, no doubt.

Zaha and Eze aside though Palace are utter dirge - we had:

DCL
Richarlison
James
Digne
Mina
Keane

Them 6 alone would waltz into Palace's starting 11 and likely Davies on recent form.

When we lose games to the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd I can accept when the bench is limited we have no one to give us that edge whereas those teams can throw on a Cavani or a Giroud but teams like Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Burnley we should be beating these teams especially at Goodison.

I want Carlo to stay on but he needs to take the blame for the drop off in performances and results this season and work his arse off on the tactics/formation next season and stop tinkering all the time - we've played about 5 formations this season which is criminal just stick to a formation and play players in their right positions even if it means an Nkounkou or a King starting the odd game.

We should also have had a new DOF in place for the summer as Brands has been here 3 years and we haven't moved past 8th place - thats ultimately failure on his watch.

I don't know because I have never seen Moyes backed by the levels of investment you claim Ancelotti will be this summer (and I actually doubt the quality of player that will be bought anyway)
Mate we backed Allardyce to massively overspend on Tosun and Walcott, if you don’t think Ancelotti is getting backed whilst a bunch of our deadwood finally leaves (end of contract) then I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised... though if you genuinely think Moyes could even hope to have the same pulling power as Carlo then maybe I can’t predict what you’ll think!

i think Carlo will make it click eventually. I've said before His reputation should afford him some grace to rebuild that maybe wouldn't be afforded to a Silva type. I think he deserves that and also if a renowned man manager like Ancelotti can't get them firing every game, who the hell will be able too. Koeman tried the hard line, didn't work.

We sack Ancelotti and we enter dangerous territory. it is time we allowed a Moyes style rebuild and stop throwing our toys out of the pram.

Do the majority of fans feel with 3-4 better players, we will be challenging next season with Carlo in charge. For me not getting Europe, which is looking more likely with our home form, will make it hard to attract these players that will mount a real consistent challenge.

Mate we backed Allardyce to massively overspend on Tosun and Walcott, if you don’t think Ancelotti is getting backed whilst a bunch of our deadwood finally leaves (end of contract) then I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised... though if you genuinely think Moyes could even hope to have the same pulling power as Carlo then maybe I can’t predict what you’ll think!
Tosun and Walcott are not what I would describe as being backed. Over priced maybe, but no top clubs would have touched them.

I can see his point about Carlo getting backed. If we'd need 2-3 players, would've been no problem. Unfortunately we need 3-4 (right back, at least one midfielder as Allan is starting to look very injury prone, striker) just for first XI, let alone the rotation options.

Zaha and Eze aside though Palace are utter dirge - we had:

DCL
Richarlison
James
Digne
Mina
Keane

Them 6 alone would waltz into Palace's starting 11 and likely Davies on recent form.
They'd improve Palace's options, no doubt, but not by enough to transform them. And this is Everton's problem. A fit James aside, very few of our players are huge improvements over what other mid-table sides have. I say "other" deliberately. Richarlison is considered one of our better players, but is he that much better than Zaha at Palace? Not by enough to transform them, no. Tom Davies is Burnley standard. Michael Keane actually came from there. They have survived without him.

We need difference makers like a fit James, not the "slightly better" types Carlo has had to make do with this season.

Well when he had big money to buy from sales they were mainly poor - bily,Johnson, beatie, heitinga....

Is he too nice?

He always seems happy to shrug off a loss - regardless of opposition and never seems to call out the disgraceful cowardly performances from players payed millions to kick a ball (imagine them having to work in an ICU!!). And despite some of the disgusting performances they will be on tiktok dancing and on Instagram with their new fashion trends instead of on the training ground putting it right!

And Carlo will still pick them next week.

Maybe these players need a dose of someone with passion and discipline - a Roy Keane type, Dyche(?), Ferguson or tempt Moyes back from West Ham. And don't tell me they wouldn't play good football because we currently aren't any better than under Allardyce (at least we could see out a lead at home!)

Status
Not open for further replies.