2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked about as couldn’t be assed as his players at times. I agree he’s got a load of shoite to work with and don’t expect miracles ,but 5 subs used , including two full backs , and absolutely nothing changed, we tried to play the same tactics and looked worse after the substitutions. He’s excellent at changing his team for holding onto a win/ draw but I saw nothing changed tactically today , Bournemouth were better than us tactically for the full game .

Yeah but rubbish in, rubbish out

Definitely not going to bash the man as think he has already shown he is a world class manager, but is anyone else concerned of all this passing backwards. The amount of times we are attacking and then next thing the ball is back with Pickford hoofing it out of play. And then this passing it around the back and constantly putting ourselves in danger. Reminds me of us under Martinez.
I know people will say its the players but he has been here for 8 months now so you would hope that it is drummed out of them by now.
Like I said not bashing him but bit of a concern, just hope come September we are not watching the same.

can see him resigning after this
Mate, do you honestly think that he didn't know we where this crap before he joined? He's not stupid, our form hasn't come out of nowhere. We've been crap for years. Ancelotti didn't sign a four and a half year contract to just give up because a team that was absolute trash long before he joined was still trash just a couple of mouths into his tenure.

Mate, do you honestly think that he didn't know we where this crap before he joined? He's not stupid, our form hasn't come out of nowhere. We've been crap for years. Ancelotti didn't sign a four and a half year contract to just give up because a team that was absolute trash long before he joined was still trash just a couple of mouths into his tenure.

And @orly reels in another...

Season is officially over, send the players off on a break for a little bit, the out of contract players are gone, the for sale players will already be in the window, the targets will already be there IMO (regardless of that last presser).

Just reset and look forward to September.

I genuinely think that he probably thought "OK there's potential here" and then saw The Leech, Dead Tree Stump Arms and Calorie-Loser in training and thought "thank goodness I have Davide here to do the actual work".

Those who are calling for Carlo to go are idiots.

He deserves the next full season to see what he can do, if he can't do the biz next season then fair do's but now is too soon.

I honestly don't know why he's here. He could be making silly money at loads of clubs for a much easier job. He's either one of the most ambitious managers ever and wants to cement his legacy as an absolute legend bu turning this club around and helping us win something or he's just an absolute nutter doing it for a laugh!

If as reported his wage offer was increased and increased until he couldn’t say no then that’s why he’s here , if the reported 220k a week is true then he’s one of the best paid in the world

Those who are calling for Carlo to go are idiots.

He deserves the next full season to see what he can do, if he can't do the biz next season then fair do's but now is too soon.

If Carlo can’t improve this team no one can. Carlo is world class and will lead this team with many years to come. He’s here for long term.

The real worry is and it’s a real threat is the transfer market stagnating due to lack of resources in cash due to the covid crisis and lack of gate money ongoing also having a corporate knock on effect .

We’ve got players on big contracts who are not going to leave without a hefty payoff which will only compound the situation .

If we only get one or two in then come Xmas I can see us being in threat of being in the mix again to go down , the clubs toxic and we’ve always managed to drag ourselves out of it but there is going to come a season we’re we don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.