2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti tells Amazon Prime: "The spirit was really good an the performance technically we played with quality but the fighting spirit and concentration we had all game and we did not concede opportunities. This is what I wanted to see and pleased the players played a good game.

"The team could score more, we opened the game with a fantastic goal form Richarlison and needed to be more efficient to score more goals. The combinations up front was good.

"Defensively we did well because we have worked together and the strikers did good .

"Jarrad Branthwaite has confidence, always calm and never loses control. For 18 years old, it is unusual to see a performance like this."

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to MOTD: "The spirit was really good. It is not a surprise, the players know really well what our supporters ask for on the pitch - to have a good spirit and fight and we showed that today.

"We had opportunities on the counter attack, I am really pleased with the performance. We are at the end of the season but this fantastic spirit can be a good sign for the future.

"Since December we did quite well. We lost a bit of motivation for the last few games but it is important to finish well. A win here is important.

"Super goal. Richarlison is really good with his head and the delivery was really good but the finish was fantastic."

On Jarrad Branthwaite's debut: "Honestly I am a little bit surprised. He is 18 and at that age you make mistakes but he never lost control. He was strong and calm."

Carlo Ancelotti post match press conference

I think that we improved a lot from the last game away. We showed a totally different attitude and concentration. You can only win here if you're focused and motivated.

The key position was the position of Gylfi Sigurdsson. They were able to screen the passes in the first half, but in the second half they had less energy to press and we had more opportunity to find a solution between their lines

Defensively we were good, because we knew they were dangerous. Richarlison and Walcott covered well in the wide areas. We did well, the performance was good

On Richarlison: His performance was good. Where he has to improve, sometimes I think he can control the ball better and cover the ball better
Where he is really focused is in the box. When he has the ball in the box he's really dangerous and cold there

On Branthwaite: "It's just the start. We have to be patient with him, but he's a really good defender. Good with the ball, always focused. It's a pleasure for us to have this young player. I have to say that our scouting department did a fantastic job in finding him.

Ancelotti on Calvert-Lewin: "He fought in front. There are some games that he didn't score but he's worked hard. It's true that he spent a lot of energy fighting, jumping. Honestly, I arrived in December, he's scored a lot of goals. He will be better next season for sure

Ancelotti says Moise Kean twisted his ankle. Hoping he will be fit for Bournemouth and could start

Last edited:

1595274148553.png

Average positions from the last match. Not sure what formation it was but it seemed to bring out some decent play.

I like the way he changed the formation today. Will he forgo his love of 4-4-2 long term though, if it is necessary in the Premier League with Everton? I’d like to think he would.

Got it spot on today, he prefers a 442 and I think it gets the best out of Richarlison and DCL, but our midfielders can't cope with it especially when they are pressed high up.

Unless we sign a new midfield it would make sense to use 451 more, there'll still be plenty of chances to use 442 too

I like how he’s tried different formations and mixed up the players regularly.

Seems to be like he’s tried to use his time since joining to get a good understanding of the squad which will no doubt shape his decisions this summer.

If the board will back him with 4 or 5 decent signings, he’ll have us competing as he’s done at every single club.

4 away wins in 16/17 under Koeman. 3 away wins in 17/18 between Koeman Unsworth Allardyce combined. 5 away wins under Silva in 18/19.

4 away wins in half a season from Ancelotti. 10 away games have included 5 of the current top 6 so isn’t even a particularly average sample to judge on.

If he keeps this sort of form up next season we’ll be challenging the top 6 no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.