2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were in my view 3 managers of Everton, Harry Catterick, Howard Kendall and now Carlo, for the future.

THOMAS HERBERT McINTOSH I am amazed he does not get the credit he deserves.

At Everton he spotted and signed Dixie Dean. Under McIntosh's guidance Everton won the FA Cup and Football League Championship.

Also a war hero. During WW1 Tom Joined the 12th Service Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment, Known as The Teeside Pioneers. Before long he was promoted to company Quarter Master Sergeant. In January 1916 Tom,s company landed in France. He later recieve his commission becoming a 2nd Lieutenant and was mentioned in despatches twice.

At Everton he spotted and signed Dixie Dean. Under McIntosh's guidance Everton won the FA Cup and Football League Championship.

Also a war hero. During WW1 Tom Joined the 12th Service Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment, Known as The Teeside Pioneers. Before long he was promoted to company Quarter Master Sergeant. In January 1916 Tom,s company landed in France. He later recieve his commission becoming a 2nd Lieutenant and was mentioned in despatches twice.

Yeah, but how many twitter followers did he have?

Don Carlo Winalotti will take us to to the promised land. It might be a slow bus ride there, but convinced that three or four years of his leadership if backed up with sufficient dosh will see us there.

We desperately need stability in the club management and footballing direction. As each manager has come and gone, he has left high cost players bought to play in their style, but not the new managers wish, so we start again with high cost passengers.

3 years of stable management with a plan and careful acquisition to meet the club style AND a succession plan for the next manager to keep the same style.

Ancelotti’s the man to deliver, but we’ll need patience, money and a bit of luck along the way.

We desperately need stability in the club management and footballing direction. As each manager has come and gone, he has left high cost players bought to play in their style, but not the new managers wish, so we start again with high cost passengers.

3 years of stable management with a plan and careful acquisition to meet the club style AND a succession plan for the next manager to keep the same style.

Ancelotti’s the man to deliver, but we’ll need patience, money and a bit of luck along the way.
This is correct .
We are currently suffering from 5 years of instability due to constant managerial changes and it shows.
It will take at least a full season to repair the damage inflicted on the team , possibly two.
It is important the board remain strong and do not get influenced by fan unrest due to poor runs of form or low league placings which may well still occur in the coming seasons.
We can’t afford another managerial change in the near future.

before my time, are you over 100 years old?:)

Don Carlo Winalotti will take us to to the promised land. It might be a slow bus ride there, but convinced that three or four years of his leadership if backed up with sufficient dosh will see us there.
There's plenty managers out there if you give them the funds, they'll give you a winning team. Give Chris Wilder £200m to spend and there's a good chance he'll frighten a few in the CL places

It's how Don Carlo Winalotti does without a big pot of gold to spend, that interests me?

Limited funds post pandemic with a stadium to build, taking into account his age and energy levels, let's wait and see.

I like him and hope he does it, but my instincts are telling me not to get too excited.

I've been reading his book and it sounds like we are in a similar position to when he first took over AC Milan. He talks about how it was a family club, but the quality just wasn't there when he first joined. He signed Seedort and Nesta and over time built the team around them, wonder if he will make one or two signings like this in our transfer window.

He also talks about how important it is to have a preseason with the players in his first season at a club, rip up the tactics and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.