2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH ASTON VILLA P/C

Holgate and Gomes passed fit
Mason Holgate is available. Andre Gomes available.
We are without Yerry Mina and Fabian Delph.

Ancelotti on away form
On home and away form: "I think we are more protected and safe at home, we find it more difficult away.
We have to improve our mentality and our knowledge

More on away form
I don't think this is a problem of whether the fans are there or not. This team has to improve its personality, above all in away games. I'm not satisfied with what we've done away. to be more competitive, we need to improve the aspect of the mentality.

Wants a reaction
On Villa: "We expect a reaction from the last game. Different attitude, different mentality, different character. A big part of the DNA at this club is that everyone wants to see players fighting. When there is no fight, it's not in the DNA of this club.

Ancelotti on Branthwaite
I think he showed his quality and showed his limits and inexperience. We conceded a goal from a set piece, but after that he showed personality and quality. We don't have to put a lot of pressure on him, for sure he's going to improve.

Ancelotti on missing out on Europe
I think that this club has to compete in Europe. We were not able to do that this season, we want to fight next season to reach European competition. It has to be a target, and it is a target for this club, we have to fight next season

This season didn't start well, we were close to the bottom of the table in December. We had a dream to reach Europe, but the last results were not good. This doesn't change the plan, the target must still be Europe."

Ancelotti
The priority, when I arrived, was to be safe as soon as possible.

Ancelotti on midfield criticism
In general we have to improve everywhere. I think that, in this period, what we showed is that sometimes in midfield we needed more power, we needed more quality. We have players with quality and power, but we were not always able to show this

Ancelotti on formations
I think the system is not so important. For the players I have in this moment, 4-4-2 defensively is the best system

Ancelotti on changing system against Wolves
When you change shape it's not always easy for the players to understand. For the future, the identity has to be quite clear. Defensively you can see easily how we play, offensively we would like to have a different system to attack

Ancelotti on youngsters
I think this is the best environment, they are playing with us and learning a lot from more experienced players. As I said, they are training with us not because we like to have young players, because they have the quality to be with us
It is important for everyone not to expect to much from these players. They need time to be comfortable with the team, we have to be patient with them

Ancelotti on poor form
Three poor performances. Why? It is difficult to say. First of all I think that we didn't have a lot of time to recover properly, second of all we lost a bit of fighting spirit. I think the players lost a bit of motivation and concentration

What Ancelotti told players
I was really surprised and I marked this to the players. It's not acceptable, I said. I'm sure in the next three games we are going to have a different attitude

The only reason I'm calm is because he constantly points out the glaring issues we have. Most managers should really, but we've had a succession of managers who've said the wrong things i.e. "we played ok but didn't get lucky" etc. When we've been abysmal.

He knows exactly the type of players we need and hopefully his status will see us get the higher calibre players to fast track us.

Ancelotti on away form
On home and away form: "I think we are more protected and safe at home, we find it more difficult away.

More on away form
I don't think this is a problem of whether the fans are there or not. This team has to improve its personality, above all in away games. I'm not satisfied with what we've done away. to be more competitive, we need to improve the aspect of the mentality.

Wants a reaction
On Villa: "We expect a reaction from the last game. Different attitude, different mentality, different character. A big part of the DNA at this club is that everyone wants to see players fighting. When there is no fight, it's not in the DNA of this club.

Ancelotti on Branthwaite
I think he showed his quality and showed his limits and inexperience. We conceded a goal from a set piece, but after that he showed personality and quality. We don't have to put a lot of pressure on him, for sure he's going to improve.

I think that this club has to compete in Europe. We were not able to do that this season, we want to fight next season to reach European competition. It has to be a target, and it is a target for this club, we have to fight next season

This season didn't start well, we were close to the bottom of the table in December. We had a dream to reach Europe, but the last results were not good. This doesn't change the plan, the target must still be Europe."

Ancelotti

In general we have to improve everywhere. I think that, in this period, what we showed is that sometimes in midfield we needed more power, we needed more quality. We have players with quality and power, but we were not always able to show this

Ancelotti on formations
I think the system is not so important. For the players I have in this moment, 4-4-2 defensively is the best system

When you change shape it's not always easy for the players to understand. For the future, the identity has to be quite clear. Defensively you can see easily how we play, offensively we would like to have a different system to attack

Ancelotti on youngsters
I think this is the best environment, they are playing with us and learning a lot from more experienced players. As I said, they are training with us not because we like to have young players, because they have the quality to be with us
It is important for everyone not to expect to much from these players. They need time to be comfortable with the team, we have to be patient with them

Ancelotti on poor form
Three poor performances. Why? It is difficult to say. First of all I think that we didn't have a lot of time to recover properly, second of all we lost a bit of fighting spirit. I think the players lost a bit of motivation and concentration

I was really surprised and I marked this to the players. It's not acceptable, I said. I'm sure in the next three games we are going to have a different attitude

Carlo letting them know.

Ancelotti on away form

More on away form

Wants a reaction

Ancelotti on Branthwaite

Ancelotti

Ancelotti on formations

Ancelotti on youngsters

Ancelotti on poor form

Perfect comments, wasn't asked on pickford but I'm sure he'd have said "the guy's a liability"

The thing is, the cowards will improve now because there is nothing on the line. It is when the slightest bit of pressure comes on that our cowards begin to quake. Ancelotti will get used to that over the coming seasons.

Ancelotti on away form

More on away form

Wants a reaction

Ancelotti on Branthwaite

Ancelotti

Ancelotti on formations

Ancelotti on youngsters

Ancelotti on poor form

Agree with pretty much every word.

Have patience but optimism folks

Pretty happy with what Carlo has said, he doesn't look like he suffers fools gladly which is what we want. He said we will see a response from this so will be interesting as if he doesn't get one in terms of hard work then those that don't will be flung from our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.