2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit, while it’s genuinely great that he’s turned the tide a couple of times with a tactical switch, It would be even better if we got the tactics right from the start.

Liverpool - First match back, kept it solid and comfortable, should have won with the Davies chance.

Norwich - 3 days later. Poor first half. Shifted formation second half, raised our game to win.

Leicester - Came out flying, two goals up. Shifted it around second half when they came back in to it to ensure a victory.

Spurs - Two poor performances. Lost to a deflection.

Southampton - Looked better than us for most of it.

I have no idea which substances you were under the influence of during these games, but get me some.

Compared to before he took over, we have scored more, conceded less and put more points on the board. Yeah, it's not scintillating, but games with Davies, Iwobi and Sigurdsson as your midfield rarely are. I'm willing to give Carlo Ancelotti more than a year before casting judgement

as am I mate, it’s Carlo Ancelotti. But he’s still open to scrutiny.

Must admit, while it’s genuinely great that he’s turned the tide a couple of times with a tactical switch, It would be even better if we got the tactics right from the start.

I suppose you can only do so much with what you´ve got. For Ancelotti it´s a massive ask. When´s the last time he´s consistently gone into games having to set a team like ours up? Even Napoli who are a step down from the other clubs he´s managed were comfortably the second best in Italy.

This has to be a learning curve for him as well. We need to face up to the reality that he might not have the answers.

Needs to be doing so much work on our transition to attack when we win the ball back.

So many more times we should have been starting counters there but we were over hitting balls to our attackers instead of just making sure we’re putting the ball into their feet.

If you offered Keane, Davies, Siggurdson, Coleman to teams in the top half of the championship most of them wouldn’t want them. That’s the lack of quality Ancelotti is dealing with. He has Richarlison Digne Holgate who he can rely on and then there’s a group of DCL Gordon Mina who can play well when in form. The rest are pretty much either rank out of form or just not good enough.

He's open to scrutiny, but you said we hadn't improved under him. All of the metrics suggest otherwise, and a few limp performances after a global pandemic haven't changed that

before the break we lost 4-0 at Chelsea. We’ve scraped past Norwich, flattered to a win against Leicester,, it’s not that much of an improvement mate...we’ve looked dreadful too tonight and couldn’t get the ball off Leicester for long periods.

However, we are all in agreement he’s working with crap here.

I have no idea which substances you were under the influence of during these games, but get me some.

I think we have been poor in the last two matches yes, but let's take a step back and consider each match in turn.

Liverpool - 3 shots on target, 3 against.

Norwich - 5 shots on target, 1 against.

Leicester - 2 shots on target, 3 against.

Spurs - 3 shouts on target, 2 against.

Southampton - 4 shots on target, 4 against.

Matches - 5
Points - 8
Shots on target - 17
Shots against - 13
Goals scored - 4
Goals conceded - 3

"We were dominated every match though lad." :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.