2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish authorities after him over tax fraud.
Assuming that that is not a (bad) joke then I think you missed out the word alledged.

I've retired as a solicitor but on this one occasion I will give you a bit of free legal advice and advise you to be careful about what you type.

....like most, I feared we’d struggle but I was very encouraged by how he set his young team out yesterday. A bit more threat from wide positions and we could’ve got them really worried.

i do have an annoyance, though, with the persistence in playing the ball across the back and short goal kicks. Inevitably we put pressure on ourselves playing a risky ball into midfield and eventually belting it clear.

When we have two willing and effective runners up top, I think it would’ve been better getting the ball into the channels and turning their back four.

Last edited:

I think Ancelotti needs to build the squad around Richarlison, DCL and Holgate. The rest of them are replaceable.

I think thats what he'll do.

We've got to remember, this isn't his squad. It's a horrible unbalanced mishmash of Koeman, Samuelle & Silva.

Multiple players need shifting, multiple players need recruiting but he knows he has a decent little spine (except in the midfield position) to work with.

....like most, I feared we’d struggle but I was very encouraged by how he set his young team out yesterday. A bit more threat from wide positions and we could’ve got them really worried.

i do have an annoyance, though, with the persistence in playing the ball across the back and short goal kicks. Inevitably we put pressure on ourselves playing a risky ball into midfield and eventually belting it clear.

When we have two willing and effective runners up top, I think it would’ve been better getting the ball into the channels and turning their back four.
I agree it is frustrating because it doesn't seem to work or do us any favours. I can only think Ancelloti wants to limit the space behind the back four.

If we clear it long and our defender's are pushed up higher and we lose the ball it's easier for Liverpool to turn us and hit over the top. I didn't see one opportunity in the whole game in which Mane or Firminho got in behind, especially centrally.

I agree it is frustrating because it doesn't seem to work or do us any favours. I can only think Ancelloti wants to limit the space behind the back four.

If we clear it long and our defender's are pushed up higher and we lose the ball it's easier for Liverpool to turn us and hit over the top. I didn't see one opportunity in the whole game in which Mane or Firminho got in behind, especially centrally.

Its crazy tactics thats for sure but you make a great point about the starting point for our defender's is then to be deep. That suits Keane right down to the ground, it's when he's pushed up high that issues arise.

....yep, I imagine it’s to draw them on and leave them more exposed up the other end of the pitch, but invariably we end up having to clear aimlessly. It’s only a matter of time before we concede as it’s high risk when you’re not so good at it.

....yep, I imagine it’s to draw them on and leave them more exposed up the other end of the pitch, but invariably we end up having to clear aimlessly. It’s only a matter of time before we concede as it’s high risk when you’re not so good at it.
Yes definitely, I guess you have to be perfect playing this way because one mistake and you're done. It wasn't pretty to watch either, but an Ancelloti masterstroke nonetheless.

I imagine we wont give Norwich the same respect..

If you’re going to do that you need to think about your keeper. Pickford has many good qualities but calmness under pressure is not always one of them. To me he seems to be more of an instinctive save and lump it upfield keeper.

This all day Eggs, me and my son had our heart in our throats every time we done it. That new ruling is made for a team like liverpool fc, they close down like demons, all we had to do was make one bad pass. Again, I mention liverpool again, when they had Suarez and Sturridge the ball was constantly smashed down the wide channels for them to chase, they used their speed, we need to use ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.