2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Carlos is surprised at the capitulations in the Derby and this game. I think the strategy was fine, but the effort was not there. I say this with trepidation but BFS did moan once that he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch. Now, setting aside your opinions on the men, that's to me a sign of a lack of engagement from lplayers with instructions.

These are the same players who have shown dont have the right quality or mentality to be playing for everton. He has done a great job really cost us not bringing in a cm in jan as we got dominated in midfield really hope we bring right players in the summer

I have to say, I do have my doubts over the 4-4-2 system, certainly against teams with top quality midfields we don’t seem to be able to get a real grip on the game, plus with our players I feel a 4-3-3 would suit us better due to our weaknesses in midfield

I wonder if Carlos is surprised at the capitulations in the Derby and this game. I think the strategy was fine, but the effort was not there. I say this with trepidation but BFS did moan once that he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch. Now, setting aside your opinions on the men, that's to me a sign of a lack of engagement from lplayers with instructions.
One of the reasons BFS is marmite is he tends to give the unvarnished truth. Many football fans do not like to hear the truth, so attack the messenger. Not saying I want him as our manager, but he tends to speak sense.

I have to say, I do have my doubts over the 4-4-2 system, certainly against teams with top quality midfields we don’t seem to be able to get a real grip on the game, plus with our players I feel a 4-3-3 would suit us better due to our weaknesses in midfield
You mean a 4-5-1 lol

" Holding midfield"- "One playmaker" Box to box" Are we talking about Everton or BARCELONA.?
It’s a solid system that works for a lot of teams to be fair - Gomes is capable of playmaking, certainly when he’s match fit, Davies runs about a lot so would fill the b2b role and someone like Schneiderlin would be okay just sitting in front of the defence. Our midfield isn’t good enough to play 2 in the centre currently

433 with these players got us into this mess in the 1st place. You don't think we have the players to play 442 because of 1 bad game. Our midfield in general is pretty weak, so at least the idea behind 442 is to at least get another body in there for width and shape. A midfield 3 with any combination of our current options would get walked all over.

Silva left us in a position where we were totally lopsided, too many forwards but not enough strikers, too many wingers, not enough midfielders. Similar to Koeman, it appears he had no idea about balance or any semblance of a plan going forward.

Fortunately, Fergusons passion and Ancelottis tactical nous have managed to get a song out of them and steady the ship, which will do until the end of the season. But they are having to make do with the mess that has been left behind by a series of failed regimes.

It will take time, but hopefully, we will start to see personel changes that reflect a true balanced squad with a plan.

It’s a solid system that works for a lot of teams to be fair - Gomes is capable of playmaking, certainly when he’s match fit, Davies runs about a lot so would fill the b2b role and someone like Schneiderlin would be okay just sitting in front of the defence. Our midfield isn’t good enough to play 2 in the centre currently
Certainly got some parts near the mark! "Davies runs about a lot" "Schneiderlin would be okay sitting' BUT on his ass, preferably over the hills and far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.