2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some decent posts here, Ancelloti is surely the man but no one should ever be beyond criticism.

Ancelloti has surely fallen down on thinking that these players can adapt, see out games, show game management etc. At 2-0 with a mentally weak team you keep exactly the same shape and only sub if someones legs have gone. It was a mistake whether we held on or not but as said he hasn't management a bunch of gutless/useless idiots probably ever. Now he knows without doubt the daunting task he has of totally revamping this sorry outfit.

However, I think we should ignore everything he says in press conferences. He has to protect these sorry excuses for footballers. He has to get results out of most of them until the end of the season. He obviously likes Richarlison/DCL. And will give Digne, Mina, Holgate more chances. He knows the rest are not fit for purpose (I include Bernard - he has watched him away from home).

Ps. I am amazed that Holgate/Mina have got away with huge stick last night. The 2 centre backs went AWOL for both goals. Out of position, gutless and slow.
Agree with this part

That shambles last night was not down to tactics. The tactics had us dominating a poor team for 93 minutes. Even the changes didn't alter the fact we went into injury time 2-0 up.

The attitudes of the players, their inability to concentrate for a full game and their spineless capitulation when put under a bit of pressure is what cost us the result.
Mistakes by two of the players he brought on were directly responsible for the goals we conceded, to say it made no difference is just ignoring what happened. Totally agree with every word of what Bungle wrote, Ancelotti is the only one of the whole lot I actually care about staying on, but i'm not going to pretend he hasn't made mistakes when he has.

alot of the players we here for koeman and sam where we struggled having one shot per game is a long way to go but feel like he is the right choice

What is the Italian for "it's it not my fault guv"? Nobody wants this geezer out, but forget anything about

You are another one who was says you were very pleased. Where on earth were you in the ground? I know, you left before the substitutions and were quite rightly pleased at the performance. The faces tumbling down the Upper Bullens steps after the second goal told a different story to yours.
I was pleased until the collapse. I'm trying my best to remember that - because other than that I want to forget all about yesterday it was so painful a final few minutes. Remove that from yesterday's game and it was a decent performance. Unfortunately we have no time machine, so we just need to work on not doing something so asinine in the future. What that is, I do not know - improve fitness? Practice collective defending? Buy better players? That's for Ancelotti to decide, but I still can't find too much wrong with the other aspects of the game that show progress so will not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

When he first arrived, I didn't know what Ancelotti had to concentrate on to get the best out of this team of players. I think he is progressing the main parts of the problem, but things like that 120 seconds need attention. I am worried that there are so many deep grained problems in our players that things like this will come out of nowhere for some time to come.

All managers have a weird obsession with making 3 subs, as if it’s compulsory.

I understand it’s to run down the clock, but there are games when the flow of the game is dictating that isn’t necessary.

My concern has always been as great a manager he is I always feel this group of babies/players need a tough manager.

They can't be relied upon to do the basics out of ambition to be the best / their own professional pride they need the fear of a psycho / authoritarian manager who will put the fear of hell into them.

I know he was being dignified last night but I wish he shown a bit more anger in his post match interview.

Yesterday and the anfield cup game would have had SAF lobbing footie boots at the likes of Davies and Delph's heads.
We don't know what goes on behind closed doors,doubt he's the boot throwing type but I'm sure when he has some of his own players in,heads will roll.

No ones turned on the manager.

I take it you think he has been tactically astute since he arrived and excelled in the Lpool/Newcastle games?
I don't think he was great in either games but nor do i think that he was responsible for either result. I think we've got a team full of scumbags playing for us who have got the last four or five managers sacked thanks to their disgusting lack of effort. How many managers have to get thrown under the bus before people start to look at oxygen thives on pitch.m as the problem.

The derby was yet another none performance from the team. They showed less passion, heart, desire to win and fight then the RS second team. That tells own story, you can focus on Anchelotti if you want but frankly nothing can excuse the disgraceful lack of effort the team gave that day.

The same for last night. All the talk of the manager and his subs are irrelevant, if a team of professional footballers can't see out four mins of stoppage time with a 2-0 lead then that's nobody's fault but theres.

A rarity, cherish it.
I think they were poor subs that disrupted what was looking like a comfortable victory against a very poor side, that coupled with Pickford being an absolute buffoon again meant we got that appalling last few minutes. I wrote off this season a long time ago and nothing surprises me anymore with this lot, be it hammerings to Liverpool or calamities like last night.

I like to think that Ancelotti has now used this period to see just what a bunch of cowardly bottlers we've got to work with and has started to formulate a plan for pre-season and replacing a reasonable number of them in the hope of shifting the attitude within the squad to one that is mentally tougher.

Ancelotti will be given more time than most because of his credentials, but too many tactical changes like the ones last night which effect the game in such a negative way and he'll start to lose that goodwill and find himself under increasing pressure. I hope it doesn't come to that and I honestly think he can take us where we want to be but it's gonna take time/patience and as long as daft tactical decisions like last night are few and far between I'm more comfortable being patient with him than I was Silva/Koeman.

I look forward to revisiting this in October when I'm screaming for him to be binned before Christmas as we get battered 4-0 by West Ham.
Don't get me wrong we should have buried Newcastle and easily seen out the game, they're a terrible team. It's not the first time Carlo has made a set of subs that has made me wonder what he was thinking though and I genuinely think it had an impact last night. I'd lay more of the blame at the players door because a group of professional footballers seemingly in complete control shouldn't be surrendering a lead like that, but Carlo isn't completely blameless in it and shouldn't be immune from criticism.

I think a massive part of our problem is Pickford, I don't like him, he's bang average at best and I don't think our defence is overly confident in him. He gets a load of praise because he lashes a decent long ball now and again, in amongst 10 that go straight out of play.

I've gone off on a tangent there but essentially Carlo is the least of our worries as it stands.
Thats 2 within 10 minutes lol

Everyone hopes he will be the right choice in the end, maybe 1 or 2 years down the line. But he would have gained some respect had he have said mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa (my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault) after the game last night. Then we might have crawled back down the motorways feeling a little bit better.

My concern has always been as great a manager he is I always feel this group of babies/players need a tough manager.

They can't be relied upon to do the basics out of ambition to be the best / their own professional pride they need the fear of a psycho / authoritarian manager who will put the fear of hell into them.

I know he was being dignified last night but I wish he shown a bit more anger in his post match interview.

Yesterday and the anfield cup game would have had SAF lobbing footie boots at the likes of Davies and Delph's heads.

Hopefully he`s seen enough to have started compiling an " in the bin list " and we`ll start turfing out some of the over paid duds come the Summer.

The simple truth is that we`ve got a lot of players who just aren`t good enough, whether it`s their attitude, whether it`s the fact that they`re just bang average footballers or both.

That shambles last night was not down to tactics. The tactics had us dominating a poor team for 93 minutes. Even the changes didn't alter the fact we went into injury time 2-0 up.

The attitudes of the players, their inability to concentrate for a full game and their spineless capitulation when put under a bit of pressure is what cost us the result.
This and this alone. check our 3 subs last night, total shower of guff Carlo has to choose from.

Everyone hopes he will be the right choice in the end, maybe 1 or 2 years down the line. But he would have gained some respect had he have said mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa (my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault) after the game last night. Then we might have crawled back down the motorways feeling a little bit better.
Guess you're a catholic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.