2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I don´t think it´ll happen in 4 years. Gonna take something special to turn this around. Things happen to us that are just unheard of at other football clubs.

things happen because we’ve never had a truly top class manager. From Moyes who bottled every big game, to Martinez who thought daisies grew out of his own arse, to the fat man and Marco “4231” Silva; total losers mentality on the lot of them

No experience or guile. That’ll change, very soon, under Carlo

SO why did he change a team that had dominated for 70 minutes instantly putting us under pressure? here was no need to go defensive at all, we were cruising and if we kept the same shape would have seen that put no problem.

The Kean sub was sound enough, we'd become stretched and he was knackered.

The final two subs were ludicrous.

Literally any other manager in the last 5 years make those changes and the same result happens they get slaughtered for it. Where good for the goose etcetc

He did the same thing against Brighton I think, made ultra defensive subs that altered the shape of the team. Is it his fault completely? No. But he shares some of the blame here.
Well I;m glad he's seeing this before the summer. Any manager would expect a team winning by 2 with minutes to go to see the game out.

He now sees that this team are incapable of being trusted to withstand any sort of pressure. He'll have to act this window and next for sure, and in a big way.

Defensive but christ on a bike surely they can see out the last minute of injury time. Doesnt need the manager to go on the pitch and hold their hand. Or maybe they do.
We have such a spineless lot.

Well I;m glad he's seeing this before the summer. Any manager would expect a team winning by 2 with minutes to go to see the game out.

He now sees that this team are incapable of being trusted to withstand any sort of pressure. He'll have to act this window and next for sure, and in a big way.
Which we've known for decades.

If we even just took our for off the attack we won this easily. Those subs were just asking us to sit back against a team with no forward at all.

I didn´t have any expectations for this season anyway. Watford away is going to be an almighty struggle and I doubt we´ll get 3 points there. Probably means any faint hope of European football is done. Good few months to get to know the squad without much pressure on his shoulders at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.