2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any sensible person will be giving him the next 6months to see what he can do, then give him a full summer transfer window and take a look at this time in 12months.

Sadly theres not much sense around these days.

We just need to get behind the team now no matter what. If they play turbo gash for 6 months so be it as long as we aren't troubling relegation.

If Ancelotti leaves we are going to take a step down and be back to the Silva's of this world, so I implore everyone to have patience and back them to the hilt. Make Goodison a fortress of aggression for the opposition and not our own players.

Everton fans patient with the manager?? Not a chance.

I’m not a fan of Michael Keane for example ( never have been), but he’s been utterly destroyed of confidence by those same Everton fans who were bigging him up last season. He’s terrified of the ball coming to him now.
If we were to lose the next couple of games against teams we should beat, questions will be asked. As it happens, I think we will beat both Burnley and Newcastle and probably give City a run for their money.
Ancelotti is a fantastic appointment, and I reckon he will kick start a positive new era. However, it requires PATIENCE from our fans.
Everyone needs to pull together in the same direction now. Patience and positivity. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hopefully, we are heading in the right direction now. Onwards and upwards lads.

Interesting that Ancelotti has said “ we must stay together “. He obviously recognised the roasting that Keane, Sigurdsson, Tosun and Davies got during yesterday’s game ( and the one Iwobi was about to get before he went off injured)
He probably needs to hear the full quota when Schniderlin and Walcott return to realise how we destroy the confidence of our own players.

It is the mentality of this club which needs to change from the top down, as I have said previously. Look at the 80s side.....not universally recognised as "world class" but when they stepped on to the pitch, players like Reid, Gray, etc knew they were the ones winning matches.....Kendall instilled that way of thinking, and it paid off ....winning becomes a habit. As much as it pains me to say it, Klopp has instilled this sort of attitude into the rs, and it is working. If Ancelloti can do the same, then we will start to awake from the mediocre, plucky old Everton rubbish to which we as fans have been subjected for the past 3 decades.
I am sick of the phrases fans use in talking about us....."Everton that", "We never get nice things", "we are cursed", etc etc ad nauseam.
It will not happen overnight, I know, but at least we have pursued and obtained a world class manager, rather than the frauds who have been employed especially over the past 7 years. Up to you Carlo.

Hopefully myself and other fans can be patient and not expect everything to be solved instantly because we've got a worldie manager in.

I think with this manager if it’s not going well after a year it’s more likely he will leave for another big club, than being hounded out by fans. This is the first manager in a while that will have options open to him.
I don’t see him being here at the end of his contract. I hope I’m wrong but I think if it’s going bad he will get a better offer and if it’s going really well he’ll also get a better offer.

Everyone needs to pull together in the same direction now. Patience and positivity. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hopefully, we are heading in the right direction now. Onwards and upwards lads.
[/QUOTE
Listen, Rome was not built in a day
Opposition will come your way
But the harder the battle,
you see Is the sweeter the victory now

You can get it if you really want
But you must try, try and try, try and try
You'll succeed at last

@jimmy Cliff

I think with this manager if it’s not going well after a year it’s more likely he will leave for another big club, than being hounded out by fans. This is the first manager in a while that will have options open to him.
I don’t see him being here at the end of his contract. I hope I’m wrong but I think if it’s going bad he will get a better offer and if it’s going really well he’ll also get a better offer.

I think the days of him being headhunted are over tbh. The top clubs in world have either already had him, or are going for the next big thing or more current superstar manager.

You can't sell if no ones buying

Will always find a buyer mate depends what you're willing to accept.

Think Schneiderlin and Niasse contracts expire at the end of the season (or Morgan goes into his final year or so.

Coleman would find a Sheffield Utd type club

Keane would get many suitors being an "england international" - a Aston Villa or Crystal Palace type club if I had to guess.

The likes of Tosun and Gylfi need peddling for pennies if necessary - just get the wages off the books.

Needs to get rid of the following dirtbags:

Tosun
Siggurdsson
Coleman
Keane
Schneiderlin
Niasse

If even one of these is still here following the next two transfer windows then the cull has not been ruthless enough.

Coleman's on their to get some bites yer? won't argue the rest

Will always find a buyer mate depends what you're willing to accept.

Think Schneiderlin and Niasse contracts expire at the end of the season (or Morgan goes into his final year or so.

Coleman would find a Sheffield Utd type club

Keane would get many suitors being an "england international" - a Aston Villa or Crystal Palace type club if I had to guess.

The likes of Tosun and Gylfi need peddling for pennies if necessary - just get the wages off the books.

People who pay pennies aren't going to match their wages, meaning the players may not want to move.

They will all have to take pay cuts if they leave (very big ones in some cases), whether they are willing to do that i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.