2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lovable neighbours were as low as 8th when Klopp came in, in relative terms thats about as bad as it could get for them.

They were beaten was it 5-0 or 6-0 by Stoke, I enjoyed that.

Hope springs eternal, and whilst Ancelotti has a daunting challenge, he knows what is required and will not be fazed.

We need to begin again, and build around 3 or 4 players.

But we can't get any more transfers wrong, there is no room for error. The flip side of that is 2 decent MF's would represent an enormous improvement for this squad.

With Walcott back then he has to start him and Gordon on either wings.

Give the Gomes Davies combo another go with those two either side - we then have genuine pace with the front four.
Yes why Walcott does make some poor decisions at times and plays the odd strange pass. At least he gives his all and will trying and support the front 2 and he’s not afraid to run past them and get in the box.

Also will give us good balance with Gordon tucking in from the other side.

Screenshot_20200708-215053.jpg

Huge dilemma on his hands with what formation we go with in the next matches given that we have a squad of players that has been completely mismatched for different formations.

We have several first team players right now, like DcL, Richarlison and Keane who seem to much prefer playing in a 4-4-2. On the other hand you have other players like Gomes, Davies, Bernard and Iwobi who can't play it and were brought in with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in mind.

Going to be very interesting to see which way he goes. Common sense would say that he should stick to the formation he prefers and set the team up for the players who have contributed the most (Richarlison and DcL) but he could decide that we have to patch up our weakest area of the pitch, midfield, with extra numbers just so we can compete in there.

Will be interesting to see if he switches it up next season.

Huge dilemma on his hands with what formation we go with in the next matches given that we have a squad of players that has been completely mismatched for different formations.

We have several first team players right now, like DcL, Richarlison and Keane who seem to much prefer playing in a 4-4-2. On the other hand you have other players like Gomes, Davies, Bernard and Iwobi who can't play it and were brought in with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in mind.

Going to be very interesting to see which way he goes. Common sense would say that he should stick to the formation he prefers and set the team up for the players who have contributed the most (Richarlison and DcL) but he could decide that we have to patch up our weakest area of the pitch, midfield, with extra numbers just so we can compete in there.

Will be interesting to see if he switches it up next season.
Think it will just be 4-4-2 till the end of the season tbh. Id rather we try to play 4-3-1-2 going forward into next season as i think it's the best way for the players we have and want to bring in otherwise if we stick with 4-4-2 we are going to need to find 2 very good wingers and that is going to cost way too much £££. It's very hard to judge at the moment tbh as i think a huge problem with any formation we play is the lack of pace we have running throughout the team/squad, we have to sign some quicker players, just adding a bit of pace into the team would make a huge difference.

The lovable neighbours were as low as 8th when Klopp came in, in relative terms thats about as bad as it could get for them.

They were beaten was it 5-0 or 6-0 by Stoke, I enjoyed that.

Hope springs eternal, and whilst Ancelotti has a daunting challenge, he knows what is required and will not be fazed.

We need to begin again, and build around 3 or 4 players.

But we can't get any more transfers wrong, there is no room for error. The flip side of that is 2 decent MF's would represent an enormous improvement for this squad.

6-1 mate. With Gerrard getting his final goal lollollol

Carlo Ancelotti says he has the green light to invest in his Everton squad this season but does not believe big changes are required to challenge the top four.

After a promising start to Ancelotti’s Goodison reign, Monday’s insipid defeat at Tottenham Hotspur was a reality check, showing how far the club remains from challenging at the top of the Premier League.

The Italian did not disguise his disappointment with what he described as a "lack of spirit and intensity" at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Despite the financial impact of Covid-19 - Everton staff and players accepted wage deferrals recently - Ancelotti says his board will back him to freshen up the squad this summer, although he believes there is a foundation in place.

“I have assurance from the board that we are going to improve the squad,” said Ancelotti.

“The base of the squad is already there – we have a lot of young players, with a lot of quality, as I mentioned before: Pickford, Holgate, Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Lucas Digne, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin. We don’t need (players) for the future, I am sure. I think we are going to improve the squad but without a lot of changes.”

---> no qualms really there with those players. He hasn't included the filth like Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Tosun etc. Promising.

Carlo Ancelotti says he has the green light to invest in his Everton squad this season but does not believe big changes are required to challenge the top four.

After a promising start to Ancelotti’s Goodison reign, Monday’s insipid defeat at Tottenham Hotspur was a reality check, showing how far the club remains from challenging at the top of the Premier League.

The Italian did not disguise his disappointment with what he described as a "lack of spirit and intensity" at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Despite the financial impact of Covid-19 - Everton staff and players accepted wage deferrals recently - Ancelotti says his board will back him to freshen up the squad this summer, although he believes there is a foundation in place.

“I have assurance from the board that we are going to improve the squad,” said Ancelotti.

“The base of the squad is already there – we have a lot of young players, with a lot of quality, as I mentioned before: Pickford, Holgate, Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Lucas Digne, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin. We don’t need (players) for the future, I am sure. I think we are going to improve the squad but without a lot of changes.”

---> no qualms really there with those players. He hasn't included the filth like Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Tosun etc. Promising.

he hasn’t mentioned a single midfielder there.

No mention of Kean again. Not looking great on that front.

Looks like he's already made his mind up who will be staying.
"We dont need players for the future"
The man wants to hit the ground running next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.