2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only lost 4 matches in over 4 months on the job !!!! Can't see him losing any in the near future either ! LOL

I have to say, I do have my doubts over the 4-4-2 system, certainly against teams with top quality midfields we don’t seem to be able to get a real grip on the game, plus with our players I feel a 4-3-3 would suit us better due to our weaknesses in midfield

mate ... our midfield gets over run , can’t win the ball , cant create , can’t get forward, can’t get back and has no ability to challenge and win the ball in the air or the floor. That’s with 4 of them ... can you imagine a mode field 3 ? Pick any combination of davies , delph , siggy, Morgan and Gomes and none of them can run, tackle , pass forward , get up or down the pitch or get back goal side when a player runs past them. The only quality that any possess is the shooting ability of siggy and he can’t keep up with our attackers and if he does he can’t get back. We don’t just lack pace in midfield we have the slowest midfield I have seen in the league and am struggling to think of a slower one I have ever seen. ontop of that, DCL and richy are scoring so changing that would be a mistake. Obviously the season has finished now and when all this dies down Carlo can try and get the players he wants and then a change of formation could happen. I can’t honestly think of a worse Cm midfield than ours it lacks so much and is the most important area of the pitch

mate ... our midfield gets over run , can’t win the ball , cant create , can’t get forward, can’t get back and has no ability to challenge and win the ball in the air or the floor. That’s with 4 of them ... can you imagine a mode field 3 ? Pick any combination of davies , delph , siggy, Morgan and Gomes and none of them can run, tackle , pass forward , get up or down the pitch or get back goal side when a player runs past them. The only quality that any possess is the shooting ability of siggy and he can’t keep up with our attackers and if he does he can’t get back. We don’t just lack pace in midfield we have the slowest midfield I have seen in the league and am struggling to think of a slower one I have ever seen. ontop of that, DCL and richy are scoring so changing that would be a mistake. Obviously the season has finished now and when all this dies down Carlo can try and get the players he wants and then a change of formation could happen. I can’t honestly think of a worse Cm midfield than ours it lacks so much and is the most important area of the pitch
But to be fair currently it doesn’t operate as a midfield 4, more a midfield 2, with two wingers. Hopefully with everything being postponed we’ll see Gbamin back before too long and hopefully he will hit the ground running, but there’s too many unknowns there

But to be fair currently it doesn’t operate as a midfield 4, more a midfield 2, with two wingers. Hopefully with everything being postponed we’ll see Gbamin back before too long and hopefully he will hit the ground running, but there’s too many unknowns there

I actually forgot he played for us. Hopefully he can at least give us a bit of pace and bite

Status
Not open for further replies.