2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still find it weird seeing him on the touchline. Does make me assume that the club is serious about eating at the top table and planning to back him
Exactly
I cant see him telling Moshiri I will spend whatever I can sell for and polish a few turds along the way.
The next shirt sponsor will be a telling factor and if we borrow on the strength of it

Eh?

Erm, I find it a bit mad because, well, because of this;

Fans didn't think he was possible, and for good reason.

Ancelotti is a massive coup, sure we got a tad fortune with the timing of his sacking from Napoli but the club did really well and the club should be applauded for it.

If you search my posts for "pissing in the wind", you'll see how for years all I've been saying is we wont risk competing until we have a top, top manager.

We have one now, I just didn't expect us to get one, after Allardyce, Koeman and Silva - from the very top.

Top notch savagery

Some of the CARLO PRE MAN UTD PC

Ancelotti on Coronavirus
In Italy it is a more difficult situation than here.
The only thing we can do here is follow Government advice.
I hope Italy sorts out the situation quickly.
Here, I hope everything will be okay.
"Individually in Italy they're not so, so worried. It's a difficult situation, I hope they move on quickly."

Ancelotti on Arsenal defeat
We need to focus on the mistakes we made. They were easy mistakes.
We work on that and I hope we can improve there.
The performance was good but we ruined it with little mistakes.

Ancelotti on European hopes
The fight for Europe is still open and it will be open after the game against United. A win against United will be important for our confidence."

Ancelotti on home form
This is really important. We have more confidence, we play with more focus. Playing at home is an advantage."
Our house is important. Our fans give us more confidence."

Ancelotti on Andre Gomes
"He is ready to start. He is closer to start than last week. He trained well, normally, properly."
"He showed more confidence this week than compared to last week."

Walcott and Digne injury update
Theo is fit. Digne has been training individually. We will check tomorrow."

Ancelotti on Sigurdsson

"My expectation from him, it's true he hasn't scored like last year but he's played in different positions. We lose him in front, but it doesn't matter. The expectation I have with him he was able to realise. He's doing well and of course I hope he can score."

Ancelotti on previously being linked to Man Utd job
I remember that I have and still have a good relationship with Sir Alex. That is all.
I don’t remember any other rumours.
I hope Sir Alex can come see the game and I can say hello to him.

Ancelotti on Holgate transfer rumours
I think it’s a rumour.
If it’s not a rumour, I can say Mason Holgate is an important part for the future of Everton and there is no possibility of him going to another club.

Ancelotti on tactics
On formation: "We try to attack more to give them [the strikers] opportunity to have more chances. Both are doing really well. It's not a problem of the system."

Ancelotti on Man Utd signing Bruno Fernandes
"He's doing really well. I was not surprised because I know his quality.
He plays in a really important for them, and a really dangerous position for us."

No pressure on Gomes'
I think no-one has put pressure on him. The club absolutely not, myself absolutely not.
He is ready to play and every one of us has total confidence in him."
He knows he is really important for this club, and that is not going to put more pressure on him.
The expectation for him can be a good motivation."

Status
Not open for further replies.