2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very shocked and sad if Ancelloti took the job on the basis of little investment in a clearly underperforming team. That 7/8/9th place is acceptable. That some PR bs about gradually becoming a Champions League club was just that.

All he had to do was watch the vids of the last 2 seasons to see improvements are needed in every department of the team to get to 6th, never mind 4th. The defeat to Lpool and capitulation against Newcastle surely only added to his urgency for change.

It is surely inconcievable that he hasnt spoken to Brands/Moshiri to say many, many personnel changes needed to be made.

If he is only allowed a handful of signings this summer and again the following summer my suggestion is that we he will be well gone and we wont have moved forward.
Why did you choose that username?

We have one of the worst midfields in the league.

Paper over it any way you want it’s criminal playing another 14 games when it’s wide open with hopeless gutless wonders like schnerderlin and Davies in there. Sideways passing and the control of a kerb.

absolute dross clubs like villa have a better midfield.

They’ve failed to reinforce and they’ve failed to ship out deadwood so far.

we’re starting games handicapped before a ball is kicked.

couple of injuries or a loss at watford and all the people claiming they’re so happy with be calling for brands head on a spit.

We have two players you’d consider deadwood, I.e zero chance of game time, one keeps turning down moves, the other could possibly go to WBA.

We aren’t starting games handicapped, that’s just ridiculous hyperbole

We have one of the worst midfields in the league.

Paper over it any way you want it’s criminal playing another 14 games when it’s wide open with hopeless gutless wonders like schnerderlin and Davies in there. Sideways passing and the control of a kerb.

absolute dross clubs like villa have a better midfield.

They’ve failed to reinforce and they’ve failed to ship out deadwood so far.

we’re starting games handicapped before a ball is kicked.

couple of injuries or a loss at watford and all the people claiming they’re so happy with be calling for brands head on a spit.
What's 'wide open'?

... and just no. lol

No one, literally no one, at the club is accepting 7th-9th. There was never going to be a major investment in the team when the manager has only been at the club for a month, especially when we’ve had players out injured that he hasn’t worked with yet

Certain sections seem to think that the whole squad was just going to be ripped up and thrown out the door in a few short weeks and replaced in that same amount of time, it doesn’t ever work like that, every player needs a fair crack of the whip to see who has the bottle to stay and fight for their places and who doesn’t

If there were players available that could have done a job and were affordable we would have seen them, Vecino was one of them, but people moaned about that and then didn’t seem fussed when Inter changed their minds. Ancelotti himself has said in his presser that there wasn’t a good opportunity and that he wasn’t anxious to sign just anyone, I’d trust his opinion over any of the ‘experts’ on here
So we are going to wait on Gomes (failed to push us on so far) and Gbabin (no one has any idea if he is any good) and then decide if we need to buy lol.

All the evidence is in front of our eyes. Years of dismal results and performances lacking any heart.

What are we waiting for. New players are needed right now for all sorts of reasons. Lots more are needed in the summer. More needed next January and lots more the next summer.

Ps. Its best to ignore the utter drivel that comes out of every managers mouth at all times. Everything they ever say is to try and get performances from their CURRENT playing staff. They would laugh if people believed even half of what they say.

Another nonsense post.

The criticism and wet blanket label is due to previous, not just one comment.
You appear to be one of these 'sign anyone for the sake of it'. It's not healthy. If we can shift 3-4 this window and not sign anyone, it will be good business.

"You’re all going to be freaking out in the summer when we’ve signed Just two players and only sold 2. Siggy still as 10 and Carlo scratching his head."

And when the complete opposite happens, which is what will happen, the likes of you will not mention that again. Funny that.

We won't still be rubbish on the pitch next season.
How do you know we won’t be rubbish next season?

season after season we’re let down by this club and year after year our fanbase believe ‘next year is our year’, which is what everyone used to laugh at the RS about

we’ve got the worst squad I can remember in a long time - it’s difficult to be optimistic

season after season we’re let down by this club and year after year our fanbase believe ‘next year is our year’, which is what everyone used to laugh at the RS about

we’ve got the worst squad I can remember in a long time - it’s difficult to be optimistic
Take it you wren't around when the likes of Scott Gemmill, John Oseter, Mitch Ward, Carl Tyler, Gareth Farrelly and John O'kane played for us then?

You can’t remember as far back as the 2017/18 season?

There are some bad, bad bellends floating around these days but I must say, you are really excelling in this area.

Have you ever posted anything positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.