2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is rotten, and it’s just a shame we can’t get rid of these conmen anytime soon due to high wages, they might aswel be on the pitch in balaclavas

The only times we hit it long we didn't win the header and the ball came straight back at us. The players had no composure on the ball, and they weren't moving into space to be passed to. We were static, whilst they were moving off the ball. That's not tactics, that's cowardice. We desperately need a box to box midfielder with charisma to lead what will be left after the clearout, which is why I'm so desperate for us to get Grealish. There aren't many players like him around these days.
Composure and quality are the two things missing from the team

I wont doubt you Con.
The only way I can see that is a pre arranged meet with a fan group.
Not for one moment do I believe a group just turned up to confront the players and in this day and age Brands bringing complete strangers in for a chat.
Not having it mate .

Fair enough Lou but it happened

The only times we hit it long we didn't win the header and the ball came straight back at us. The players had no composure on the ball, and they weren't moving into space to be passed to. We were static, whilst they were moving off the ball. That's not tactics, that's cowardice. We desperately need a box to box midfielder with charisma to lead what will be left after the clearout, which is why I'm so desperate for us to get Grealish. There aren't many players like him around these days.
Nobody's saying that the deliberate tactic was to be static though, more that the tactical set up may have caused us to be static.

You can't put Gylfi Sigurdsson in central midfield and then act surprised when he doesn't make himself available for the ball. He never makes himself available for the ball! It's a running joke, there are hundreds of pages on here of people talking about him never showing for the ball. It's the most obvious thing you see when you watch him.

Putting him next to Schneiderlin who also doesn't show for the ball, and hasn't passed the ball forwards since 2013, meant that we were always going to be static. Neither of them tackle either. Those two played EXACTLY like they always play, exactly like I would expect them to play. If we wanted movement off the ball and high energy pressing and tackling we shouldn't have picked them.

Gone are the days as well when millionaire players will be star-struck by Ancelotti.

I must admit I thought his arrival would herald more huff and puff from what are in the main, very very limited players. That, if nothing else, in the last two games in particular, we would get a bit of fire and aggression.

That rather naive hope is forlorn already.

We'll cobble a few results together as we always do, but I think the established issues will remain for as long as the majority of the current squad remain.

Change will only be piecemeal and incremental.

It's worrying that the players have reverted to type so soon in terms of attitude when they are found wanting in the simple terms of not getting stuck in enough.

There was/is a motto in large print on the wall in the gym at FF "Hard work will beat talent, if talent does not work hard"

How ironic. We have little talent, and we do not work hard.

I live about a mile and a half from Finch Farm , that says it happened Monday morning.
I'm pretty sure if anything happened untowards we'ed have heard about it well before today.
And Brands taking 7 angry complete strangers in to air their views. I really dont think so.
I'm smelling bullshine here tbh.

I got told about it Monday evening, i know a few others who got told the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.