2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good manager can make average players great, a poor manager can sign worldies but have them looking like championship players

You can't underestimate what having the right manager can do

I don't think it's necessarily always just about the quality of the manager, after all, very good managers have failed at clubs before. But I totally agree it's about the 'right' manager at the right time.

For me, for any manager to really >work< at any club, lot's of little things have to fall into place. The communication from the club, the manager and players has to be consistent both internally and externally, the right players have to stick around, the right players have to come in and the manager has to identify and move on any bad eggs quickly. You also need a fair bit of luck to go your way too.

Ancelotti will only go so far here purely on his experience. It can get us far, but as we saw at Napoli, if other aspects of the club aren't necessarily pulling in the same direction at the same pace, things can lose shape very quickly and go off course. That's why I commented earlier that he'd mentioned the role of Brands and how that relationship will be crucial to determining the success of the Carlo era - again,only in my humble opinion.

Deffo gropes restaurant staff:

Cracking press conference. Very confident, experienced and optimistic and even hinted that he wants to be here when the new stadium is built.

Love the man already and he hasn't even taken his first training session yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.