Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was thinking. For the first time, maybe ever, I feel like we have a manager that is going to attract the big names to Everton. He brings a degree of success that this club has not seen in a long time. It is a real coup for the board and they should be congratulated, but now they must show they are willing to follow through, or this will be just another cog in the proverbial Everton wheel. COYB!

We haven’t got him yet

It’s looking like this one is really starting to become true, tbh I’m stunned he would want to come here. But if it happens the board has really stepped up this time and they need credit for that, one thing if he comes is he will draw big players and would have a massive transfer pot. You can’t get managers like Ancelotti if your not going to back them big style.

Exactly what I was thinking. If this goes through, For the first time, maybe ever, I feel like we have a manager that is going to attract the big names to Everton. He brings a degree of success that this club has not seen in a long time. It is a real coup for the board and they should be congratulated, but now they must show they are willing to follow through, or this will be just another cog in the proverbial Everton wheel. COYB!

Second in the league last season.

What a shocking manager.

Get Moyes in ffs

Napoli were the second nest team in Seri A when he took over. Im not knocking him finishing second but aside from Juve last year, there were not many other challengers

He has a point. Been on the slide since Madrid. But that doesn’t mean he cannot do well here. Perhaps it will be an exciting new type of challenge.

The alternative is he does a Pelligrini

Reasonable response.

Who are these people and why do they get to have a twitter account. If they only stuck to watching their own team and that laughing hyena on the sideline

He's an Italian football journo, so he will know more about him than most of us

Don’t want him now. Finishing 2nd in the Italian league sounds like a bag of crap.

I want a manager who has been sacked from his previous 4 jobs and who’s biggest career achievements were finishing 4th and reaching an FA Cup final.

Napoli were already the second best team in Serie A. Plus its not a choice between Ancelotti and Moyes, there are thousands of managers out there.

Look, im not knocking him or his record, its World class. Im just apprehensive about the 'fit' of him and us and the fact that he's pretty much been used to managing the worlds best who just need direction. This will be a totally different proposition for him.

People can have reservations without being accused of wanting mediocrity or being an idiot as he's a winner.

As a 'name' its a massive coup, I just really hope that its finally the right choice.

Ranieri won the league just a few years ago, do you want him here? I don’t. You can’t measure a manager’s current ability by trophies won. The game passes some managers by - they lose their huger, or tactics evolve, etc. Look at Jose Mourinho - nowhere near the manager he used to be.
The fact that Mourinho got that United side to second was actually pretty darn good.

Of course they will be gutted. They’ve been advocating for Moyes since Silva’s departure.

Only the Liverpool Echo would run a story on why Ancelotti wouldn’t be a good appointment for Everton while talking up the pro’s of a David Moyes return.

Proper toilet paper rag.
Evertonians need to stop buying that paper, i haven't bought that rag in over 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.