Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't want to appear rude but it seems an odd argument.

Would Hamilton win the F1 season in a Skoda?

No.

Would he finish higher in the F1 in a Skoda than an unproven novice / someone who has proven they can't finish well in a Skoda?

Yes.
Not wishing to put words in anyone's mouth, but I think that the argument is that any reasonable F1 driver would do ok in Hamilton's car. Doing ok in an already excellent vehicle does prove you're not an idiot, but not that you're exceptional, or would be good at converting the proverbial sow's ear into a silk purse.

IF we sign Ancelotti he will be the most high profile signing this club has ever made either on or off the pitch.
People, players and agents will sit up and take notice.
The clubs profile will shoot up.
If as has been rumoured we got Zlatan as well for 6/18mths (chances of him coming will increase significantly if Ancelotti signs) then every sports media outlet in the footballing world will be at his first game.
People would sit up and take notice and a higher calibre of player than we could previously attract would be open to signing for us
Anyone who thinks its a bad idea needs to have a lie down and reconsider their footballing knowledge.
Those who are advocating Moyes......................words fail me

Why do people assume that if you have reservations or concerns over Ancelotti that you want Moyes?

I would have Ancelotti over Moyes, Howe, Dyche, Houghton, Allardyce or any of the other bog standard, or worse, Premier League manager.

My preference is for an up and coming manager who can be here for at least 5 years and effectively do what Pochettino did with Spurs, but hopefully winning something, starting with he League Cup in February.

Why do people assume that if you have reservations or concerns over Ancelotti that you want Moyes?

I would have Ancelotti over Moyes, Howe, Dyche, Houghton, Allardyce or any of the other bog standard, or worse, Premier League manager.

My preference is for an up and coming manager who can be here for at least 5 years and effectively do what Pochettino did with Spurs, but hopefully winning something, starting with he League Cup in February.
If Ancelotti stayed 5 years he would retire at 65 and maybe he fancies building a legacy team like he did at Milan all those years ago.

Are you seriously saying that players like Ferdinand, Scholes, Beckham, Lampard, Cole, Gerrard, John Terry, Joe Cole, etc were all crap?
We used to have world class performers like Banks, Wilson, Moore, Charlton and Alan Ball none of the names you list were world class the nearest and even this is going back decades were Hoddle and Shilton. The decline in standard of English footballers has been steady since the mid 70s

IF we sign Ancelotti he will be the most high profile signing this club has ever made either on or off the pitch.
People, players and agents will sit up and take notice.
The clubs profile will shoot up.
If as has been rumoured we got Zlatan as well for 6/18mths (chances of him coming will increase significantly if Ancelotti signs) then every sports media outlet in the footballing world will be at his first game.
People would sit up and take notice and a higher calibre of player than we could previously attract would be open to signing for us
Anyone who thinks its a bad idea needs to have a lie down and reconsider their footballing knowledge.
Those who are advocating Moyes......................words fail me
If we get Ancholotti, If we sign Zlatan..... Big IF

If Ancelotti stayed 5 years he would retire at 65 and maybe he fancies building a legacy team like he did at Milan all those years ago.
If he come, then that is what I will hope for and he'll have my 100% backing. I hope he brings with him some superb young coach to do all the donkey work that needs doing. Imagine if he brought someone like Marco Materazzi only he was a world class coach (no idea what Marco is up to btw) and so was able to put all the effort in with the players and develop them into better players. It's not a stretch either as there must be a long queue wanting to work with, and learn from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.