Match Thread Cardiff City v Everton- Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're gonna shock the World (maybe just us tbh) with two wins on the bounce. The reds'll be in bits after United thump them, plus they've got a midweek fixture. Somehow, despite how teeth grindingly crap we've been, we seem to manage some kind of performance in the Derby lately. Should have enough to scrape by Cardiff too I think, we've been reasonable against the really bad sides.

Tbh if I was taking a dispassionate view on this I can’t see us winning. They are in decent form and cause lids of problems at set pieces. We just don’t have any offensive threat away from home apart from the Burnley game.

The prospect of set pieces worries me to death.
Surely it cannot be beyond the capabilities of any reasonable coach to put a stop to this constant haemoraging of goals from set pieces

It’s a sad state of affairs that i look forward to the weekends when Everton aren’t playing. They really are a pathetic excuse for a club recently.

...and hasn't that been nice.I actually watched a few other teams play ...and they play a different game to the one Everton plays. Interestingly, I noted that other teams pass to players wearing the same strip as the passer...Everton doesn't do that.

It’s genuinely refreshing watching other matches and seeing teams, even in lower leagues, with players giving absolutely everything to get a result rather than trotting out the same limp lifeless shuffle through games performance we’ve seen from Everton for the best part of the last 5 years.

It’s genuinely refreshing watching other matches and seeing teams, even in lower leagues, with players giving absolutely everything to get a result rather than trotting out the same limp lifeless shuffle through games performance we’ve seen from Everton for the best part of the last 5 years.
They have become a very difficult side to like...

The prospect of set pieces worries me to death.
Surely it cannot be beyond the capabilities of any reasonable coach to put a stop to this constant haemoraging of goals from set pieces

Pickford needs replacing, we're a nervous wreck defending set pieces because the defence have no confidence in the keeper....

Status
Not open for further replies.