Captain material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Beat me to it. Was going to say it sounds like a crap super hero.
........you mean like.....

IMG_1754.JPG

Coleman is the only player from the bunch of soft players that deserves to be captain. Baines and jags have been excellent servants of the club but are nowhere near captain material. Jags captain sides that capitulated (spell?!!!) Time and time again over the last number of years and baines who has been an evertonian true and true is just not a captain on the pitch. Coleman has that something that they dont have. Maybe one of the new boys will step up in a year or 2.

We was told we had all sort of captains playing for us now.

I didn't witness one of them on the pitch yesterday.

No, all we had was the uber cool laidback Baines doing his invisible mild mannered Sgt. Wilson impression...'Oh I say, is that foul real necessary'
Plus any number of 'stupid boy' Pikes

All aided and abetted on here by the - 'Don't Panic' Cpl. Joneses or the 'We're all doomed, doomed I tells Ye' Pvt. Frazers, plus all the other long running so called comedic bit part characters that pop in with their own catch phrase cameos from time to time.

....we've had so many of these 'captain' threads, it seems folk want to see the skipper run around the pitch shaking their fists, rollicking and shouting at team mates. Ironic that our two most successful captains were nothing like that. Brian Labone and Kevin Ratcliffe went about their duties in a calm and unflustered manner.

At some point I expect we'll see Jags in the ambassadorial 'Club Captain' role (if he doesn't leave in January/at the end of the season for first team football), at which time Rooney will be named 'Team Captain. England and ManU's record breaking Captain, boyhood Blue, fulfil the dream, blah-di-blah

('blah' has been used in 200 post so far on the GOT, 25 times by @hktoffee. 'ambassadorial' has been used 49 times, 3 times by @Bungle.
Make of that what you will)

....we've had so many of these 'captain' threads, it seems folk want to see the skipper run around the pitch shaking their fists, rollicking and shouting at team mates. Ironic that our two most successful captains were nothing like that. Brian Labone and Kevin Ratcliffe went about their duties in a calm and unflustered manner.
I agree mate but both had something about them a natural leadership quality,I don't believe Baines has it.

I agree mate but both had something about them a natural leadership quality,I don't believe Baines has it.

..I can't see Baines being a long-term choice, with so many new acquisitions I suppose he is the longest serving player who is a regular in the team.

I don't think it matters that much.

Besic without a doubt, you only have to look when he does get some game time, he's shouting at those around him, passion in abundance, you can see it's hurting when things aren't going our way. The other thing is as well, he's always looking to get on the ball to get us pushing forward.

If Besic was made captain, Baines would still have the armband as the stand-in as Besic is never on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.