Can you name the line up for your first match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
81/82

Jim Arnold
Billy Wright
Kevin Radcliffe
Micky Walsh
Mike Lyons
Mickey Thomas
Steve McMahon
Alan Ainscow
Peter Eastoe
Alan Biley
Asa Hartford

...I think

Gerrard
Pistone - Yobo - Stubbs - Unsworth
Carsley - Gemmill - Gravesen - McLeod
Rooney - Ferguson

Away at Crewe in pre-season in 2003. We were absolutely dire.

Don't know why but always thought you came across as soooo much older. :p
lpstk.gif

Good god Groucho did you not start going the game until you were 30?. Apologies mate but I always assumed you were older than me.

Short answer is no. It was in the 73/74 season. I remember Lawson was in goal and Lyons, Kenyon and Harvey all played. Think Latchford may have been up front but wouldn't swear to it. Cant even remember who we played. Crap aren't I.
I was born in the very very early '80's mate

First match could have sworn was Keflavic, not sure on the spelling, European cup, not sure if it was a preliminary or first round. We won 6-2, I was 11 at the time, I'll have a go at the team. Gorden West, Tommy Wright, Sandy Brown, Howard Kendall, Brian Labone, Colin Harvey, Jimmy Husband's, Alan Ball, Joe Royle, John Hurst and Johnny Morrissey.
Could be wrong but not by much.

Sorry mate. Must be your Avatar.

You nust have started young Groucho given that line up.
Yes I did mate. As a result I at least got to see some good times and the greats in their prime.

My dad started me very early.

Everton have literally been my entire life.

Saturday Feb 15 1975. Fulham in FA Cup. We lost.

Had to look up the line up - could only remember Bob Latchford, Mick Lyons and Martin Dobson. And that Bobby Moore was playing for Fulham

Dai Davies
Steve Seargeant
Mick Lyons
John Hurst
Roger Kenyon
David Clements
Mike Bernard
Martin Dobson
Bob Latchford
Jim Pearson
Gary Jones

Arsenal away early 90s we lost 4-2 (it was 3-2 after 14/15 mins) and Ian Wright scored all 4 for Arsenal.

Can't remember the full line up but Southall, Watson,Snodin, Keown, Hinchcliffe, Ebbrell, Cottee (off the bench) Beardsley, Warzycha and Johnson played.

Status
Not open for further replies.