Can We Improve On Last Seasons Points Total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
Was just thinking about our points total last year and so far this season. hopefully our defensive performance at Anfield has helped us turn a corner and start defending properly now (fingers crossed).
So I wondered compared to our results last year to this, what do we need to get an improved points total. (I have replaced Leicester for Nowrich, Fulham for Burnley & Cardiff for QPR. I will try and update this every week to see how many more/less points we have compared to fixtures last season.

Game 1: Leicester (H) 2-2 Last Season: 2-2. Points Difference 0
Game 2: Arsenal (H) 2-2 Last Season: 3-0. Points Difference -2
Game 3: Chelsea (H) 3-6 Last Season: 1-0. Points Difference -5
Game 4: WBA (A) 2-0 Last Season :1-1. Points Difference -3
Game 5: Palace (H) 2-3 Last Season 2-3. Points Difference -3
Game 6: Liverpool (A) 1-1 Last Season 0-4. Points Difference -2

So even after a not so good start by our standards we are only 2 points off out total from last year, with games like Palace at home the real wasted opportunity to be in the + from last year.
With fixtures to come as

Game 7: Man Utd (A) Last Season 1-0 Points 3
Game 8: Villa (H) Last Season 2-1 Points 3
Game 9: Burnley (A) Last Season 3-1 Points 3
Game 10: Swansea (H) Last Season 3-2 Points 3
Game 11: Sunderland (A) Last Season 1-0 Points 3
Game 12: West Ham (H) Last Season 1-0 Points 3

From our next 6 fixtures we got maximum points last year which will be very difficult to replicate especially with one being at Old Trafford, so again I see the Palace home defeat as a massive opportunity missed. And after 12 games we could quite easily be 6/9 points behind our total from last season.

What does everyone think?

I sort of get where you're coming from.

But we only have one and a half good centre backs this season.

So best to just wait and see what happens hey.

I dont understand how you worked out -5 for the Chelsea game?

Last season we had 12 points after 6 games, we currently have 6 points.
We got 3 points from chelsea home last season this season we got 0. We dropped 2 points to arsenal also so that is -5 points

I sort of get where you're coming from.

But we only have one and a half good centre backs this season.

So best to just wait and see what happens hey.

Agree with you there as our defense is sort of going through abit of a transition at the moment, also last season there were games like WBA home & Cardiff(QPR) away which we can hopefully make those points up.
I don't think we will get more points this season but also I don't think you will need as many to finish 4th to 7th either. Finish in any of them places and a proper go at the Europa league and il be happy

We played the season of our life's to get that point total last season.

It would be an incredible achievement given our current form to match or surpass that.

We'll still be comfortable top 7 come may though mind

Status
Not open for further replies.