Can it get any worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always tried to be an optimist when it comes to Everton , but I am dreading our next game at Cardiff as though another loss is almost inevitable

Regarding the derby record if we where prison prey after all these years we'd learn to enjoy it. Maybe fall in love. and good for them. but we don't even get the benefit of that. We are forever in not enjoying it mode. The definition of hell.

We still have to play Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Tottenham.

Haven't seen anything yet.
Marco will be terrified at that prospect. I genuinely think we could come out with a -10 to -15 goal difference from those games alone. Quite clearly it will be five defeats.

The extremely scary thing is we only have 33 points and do not look like getting any points in any games at all. We're a sinking ship, but we need at least two victories. Thankfully Southampton in 17th have their game in hand away to Arsenal so should be a comfortable defeat. That ought to keep them 9 points below us. They do, however, have 3 very winnable home games left this season.

This has been an absolute disgrace and it will genuinely take for us to limp pathetically over the line for Silva to be fired. He should have been gone on January first when 7th place was still very much open. He wasn't fired, and look what's happened since.

Moshiri and the board ought to be ashamed of themselves.

The terrifying thing is, as games against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United (all home) and Spurs (away) will be expected losses, and defeat to Cardiff would really drag them uncomfortably close to us (and you can imagine the mentality of the players on the back of 6, 7 8 consecutive losses), it's going to make at least two away games (Cardiff, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Burnley) must win, and we know what happens to our players when the pressure is on. We may actually get about 2-3 points from our remaining 11 games. Whether that's enough is very much up in the air. Depends solely on Southampton.

Probably get accused of bed wetting but I've got a mate from Norfolk who sends me a Whatsapp after every game we've lost since December reminding me that they were 7th at Xmas in the 90s and ended up relegated.

I did worry this would happen after Moyes. I took pride and was glad we weren't one of them many midtable relegation teams that have a revolving door of mediocre mangers. We have an added spice of having more money. yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.