Can a new manager repair the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you go back to December in 2014, I called Martinez a one trick pony and other teams had cottoned on how to play us.

I wanted him to succeed as I will want the next manager to succeed.

Once the new man secures Franc Mousa's signature we will on our way once again.

CiWm5O9XEAARojV.jpg
Very disrespectful.

stones and Barkley will be better next season, I think Bobby just lost the whole dressing room and that's why they don't look like the players we all expect them to be. Onwards and upwards the future looks good if all the talk about money to spend so let's actually dream for a change. I think Barkley should be made captain for next season I think you would see a completely different player

Last edited:
I can't help but feel there's all these options available to us but people are assuming all different things with no real evidence.
De boer
Mourinho
Koeman
Benitez
Moyes

.... All names over the past week which have been linked to our club.
Yet we have no actual idea on who is going to be the manager.
It's irritating me to see people assuming things. Let's all sit back, and see how they unfold.
We can all hope and speculate on what will be. We all want the same thing. What's best for EFC.
When this gets decided by the powers that be then I will feel a whole lot better about the situation.
We need to act sooner rather than later so that the cogs can be set in motion for the new manager to bed in and start building what he wants.
It's all well and good writing off Osman, Hibbert etc but people like Osman make this club. Loyal players who have proven to love the club and wear their hearts on their sleeve and should not be written off and discarded on a dirt pile somewhere.

With the talent we have a fresh face and pedigree should get us out of the doldrums. Murmurings that the front office will be responsible for transfers in the future may help a great deal. Martinez had no clue on defensive posturing so we need someone with some bottle in that area.

Lads there's no point in pointing fingers at who was right or wrong.

You should read half the rubbish I post..!!

I'm no moderator but can't we keep it on topic, this is actually a good thread topic.

I think an experienced manager who has won things as a player too can put their arm round our broken players, show them some love and respect, and really get the best out of them.

Give it a rest.

4 - 5 good signings in the summer could see our squad given a massive shot in the arm for the next 5 years. Thst is whether we sell anyone or not.

And unless we aren't getting told something then we can put more talent into the squad next summer as well. And keep doing thst until we get somewhere. Plus all these young kids who have apparently got potential, there's more players for the future.

Unless you think we are winning the league next year then calm down and just watch the squad be rebuilt again. If it works then great, if not then we won't be any worse off than we are now. At least this time the core of the team won't be from a relegated team.

Status
Not open for further replies.