Cahill's red against Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswho

Player Valuation: £5m
So there seems to be lots of confusion on tis and I thought it deserved a thread instead of having to wade through the game thread.

I didn't see the moment where cabaye "attacked" our ballboy, but apparently the common thought right now is that Timmy was sticking up for that incident. I didnt see anything cabaye had done against Cahill.

That being said, there was a replay that clearly showed Cahill walking right up to him and grabbing his throat, so we can't deny the red was perfectly just.

My video feed cut out, was Cahill allowed to do a lap wit the team after the game or did he have to remain off the pitch?

If anyone finds more details or can post videos, this would be a great place for it.

Cabaye did apologise to the ball boy at half time by the way too. Hugged the kid before going down the tunnel

Just got back from the match. Didn't see what Cahill did to Cabaye, but I did see the ballboy incident. I've never seen anything quite like it, and for the referee to merely "speak" to him after incident was a total cop-out. Clearly no further action will result as he now inly has a yellow after the final fracas. I presume Cahill will miss the first 3 matches of next season, which is daft, I don't care if he was sticking up the ballboy. If that was the reason then he should just t**t Caabye downstairs afterwards.

At the end of the day it was stupid of Cahill but at the same time i can't say i'd have done anything different if it were me in his shoes. Say what you like but a grown ****ing man pushing down a kid infront of a big crowd and then getting choked as a result is the right move in my mind, i wish he'd have done his goal celebration on him instead tbh.

At the end of the day it was stupid of Cahill but at the same time i can't say i'd have done anything different if it were me in his shoes. Say what you like but a grown ****ing man pushing down a kid infront of a big crowd and then getting choked as a result is the right move in my mind, i wish he'd have done his goal celebration on him instead tbh.

Hes forgotten how to do it

@efc_mattgamble

Moyes says Cahill was called something by Cobaye, suggested the ref could have showed some more common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.