Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaToffee

Player Valuation: £10m
Some divided opinion on this and other forums about Tiny Tim's "completeness" as a midfielder. I see his fitness (hopefully) as the #1 key for this season - even more important than any new signings. And even more critical than Arteta.

We can debate whether he does any more than score goals (he does - a lot), whether he can go box to box (he can and does), etc. - but the bottom line for me is that our record over the past few seasons has consistently been better - significantly - when he's on the field.

My views are based on "informed anecdotal" evidence - I have seen and mentally noted his presence during our good runs, and his absence during most of our slumps. Perhaps Bruce can dig up more solid stats - if so, I have no doubt they'll bear this out.

Which is why I'm not 100% happy that he's joined up with the squad in the US "ahead of schedule". Hopefully he will not be rushed, and also surely he's now using boots with some form of enahnced protection for his feet.

Mark my words - Tim Cahill fit and available all season = a great season for the Blues.

Just add Moutinho and accept trophy...

No doubting his impact on our results when he plays.

I'm confident Moyes won't rush him into action so that he's fully fit and ready to go.

Cahill is definitely a key player for us, He doesn't spend a lot of time on the ball perhaps, and some might say he 'only scores goals' but I think he adds an extra dimension to our play, he's so aggressive that it can create chances for us out of situations that might not have been.

Anyway I'd trust the physios not to rush it this time, they'll be well aware of that. Anyway i've always held that bones are stronger at the site of breakage rather than weaker, admittedly I've never studied feet so i could be wrong, so I'm hoping there'll not be a re-occurance. (again?!? lol)

You only realise how vital he is to us, until we lose him to an injury.

He makes Yakubu click.

Exactly CT. Cahill is unbelievable at turning up and delivering the goods. Everything you said was spot on. His absence puts pressure on our goal tally no doubt. I don't care how he rates ball skill wise he gets the job done by scoring thats huge in my book.;)

Anyone questioning the impact Tiny Tim has for Everton has to be insane in my book. Maybe not the most technical gifted player at Goodison, but he's absolutely talismatic to Everton. Time and time again it gets proven, when TC is out injured Everton struggle big-time. My favourite player in the world and all-time Everton favourite.

Know what you mean. The groundsman has to change out the corner flags a lot more when Cahill is on duty. We just don't "jive" in our 4-5-1 when he is absent.

I question his impact in a 4-4-2, definatly. He's just an okay box to box midfielder and we have better options when we play 4-4-2. He certainly wouldn't have a place in my 4-4-2 anyway.

In a 4-5-1 you can't fault him, he fits the system together and really has an influence on the team. He drives us forward, he plays in a position where we can play to his strengths and he scores vital goals. If we play 4-5-1 Cahill is the man.

The question I have is what happens to him if we revert to 4-4-2? If we bring in two quality midfielders like Topal/M'Bia and Moutinho/Fernandes aswell as a striker who can score 15-20 goals season like Bent what happens to Cahill?

I've always thought we played 4-5-1 because of the centre midfield. We've never had a proper one, Carsley was too slow, Ossie was to weak and Cahill lacked positional sense and creativity. Sorting the centre midfield out which we probably will do this summer could change all this. Adding someone like Bent would also give us a partnership capable of getting 40 goals a season.

I'd dont think he's as key as people think, one formation change and his position is under pressure. The only must haves in our team at the moment for me are Howard, Lescott, Arteta and Yakubu. They are the players we can not go without, the rest can be swapped and changed.

His absence was 1 of the main reasons why we withered away towards the end of the season.
Cahill is a born leader and more importantly a born winner, he drives the team forward especially when were under the cosh and always seems to pop up with a vital goal
Cahill's inclusion is a must for Everton

Great post. Most of the time 4-5-1 will dominate our thinking. Perhaps against weaker teams at home you will see a 4-4-2 to up the ante. But Cahill remains a threat just on set pieces. Most defenses still underestimate his quickness and spring to the air in the box. His goal tally speaks for itself.;)

The Cahill-Yakubu axis in our 4-5-1 system is, in my opinion, too good to break apart.

It should continue to be our focal point whenever possible next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.