Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw is no good.

Watford have a very winnable home game against Leeds on Saturday. We play United at home, and even with the fans on our side that's an incredibly tough game. Let's say we draw both games (for me that's best case scenario), we'd be 5 points clear of Watford by 3pm, but they will probably win so it'll be back to 3 points but we'll have a game in hand.

Our fixtures are much tougher than theirs in the run in.

Burnley play Norwich on Sunday. If we get 2 points in the next 2 games that means we're 5 points clear by Sunday and they have a game in hand and a great chance to win. That puts it back to 2 points if they beat Norwich.

With our respective run-ins, I don't think we can outperform both of Burnley and Watford in terms of points.

Only a win will do.

NIL VICTORIOUS NISI OPTIMUM
Pedantic I know but Nihil nisi victoria satis est. :)

Won’t even be a contest tonight, obviously I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but Everton away are the worst team you’re likely to see in this league.

Unfortunately, I reckon it's going to be a back five, with Coleman and Kenny wide, and Holgate, Godfrey and Brainthwaite central.

Leaked teamsheet from a decent sauce. This is bullocks by the way.

Pickford
Coleman --- Holgate Branthwaite Godfrey --- Kenny
Doucoure
Gordon ----- Iwobi ----- El Ghazi
Richarlison​
Not Daddy's Ketchup again? I wouldn't trust anything coming out of that bottle's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.