BT Sport Films - tonight 9pm - Two Tribes - Merseyside football through the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having to wait until it gets repeated on BT sports later next week. However, if there's even an attempt to be reasonable and give fair coverage of the Heysel disaster then it will be a 100% improvement over the usual mildly embarrassed whitewash its previously received.

As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't be in existence as a football orgamisation and if it'd have been Everton I'd have turned my back on them the day after it happened. I dont care for the arguments that run "it could have been us". I resent that intensely.
It’s on YouTube mate

They got away with it as an organisation.

They know it and we know it.

One tragedy has been used to cancel out another. Utterly shameful.

Theirs kids in work 19-21 year olds, who don't know much about Heysel, it got mentioned once and this lad said 'isnt that when we got youse banned from europe or something' with a smirk, then even said he doesn't really know about it, even her arl fella couldn't remember the name of Heysel 'isn't that, that one where the wall fell, what's it called?' FFS

Lawrenson was right though when he said the club have swept it under the rug, shameful

I remember my mum and dad really struggling. I think my dad had to say he'd left my mum to enable us to claim benefits. He was a proud man, worked without even a sick day from the age of 16. Clumps of his hair fell out due to stress. I didn't tell my parents about school trips because I didnt want to ask for the money- I was just about in junior school. I'll NEVER vote Tory.
My Dad is scouse, voted Tory as they, in his words allowed him to buy his house down in Oxfordshire....Personally I never went on school trips because they were expensive, nowt to do with tories....my parents were buying their home...sacrifice an all that.

Theirs kids in work 19-21 year olds, who don't know much about Heysel, it got mentioned once and this lad said 'isnt that when we got youse banned from europe or something' with a smirk, then even said he doesn't really know about it, even her arl fella couldn't remember the name of Heysel 'isn't that, that one where the wall fell, what's it called?' FFS
Lawrenson was right though when he said the club have swept it under the rug, shameful
Good for him.

Its definitely not on youtube unless someone has uploaded it as an 'unlisted' video which you can't search for. I can't even find torrents of it anywhere :dodgy:

Near the beginning you see Thatcher get in a car over the road from the Philharmonic, but it says she "left the police station" where was the police station there?

Status
Not open for further replies.