British only team

Status
Not open for further replies.

I quite liked Cahill and Arteta.

I did too. We could do with them in the team now. I seem to remember most of that team being homegrown. I could identify with everton back then. The current lot i cant. Thats more to do with personality than were they are from though. Most of them dont have Cahills heart and desire, he just got us and we all loved him for it

When we move to the docks do you think a proposal of having a british only squad could work? We would have to be settled in the stadium for a few years first of course. Similar to what Athletic Bilboa do in spain. we already have an amazing academy, it would be a unique selling point for the club and be attractive to british players. Tbh all the foreign players bar Vlasic and Niasse have been pants for us this year anyway. If this is too drastic maybe we have a marquee players system in place for the forgeign players? Hopefully this way we avoid dross like Martina and creata unique Club in England. Thoughts??
No. Why would it? Have any all-British teams won the league? Have they balls. I'm all for encouraging young talent but not signing foreigners? Nah. I don't think it'll magically make us a better team.

Looking back, our top scorer last year was a Belgian. And without the likes of Mirallas when he wasn't being a douche, the Yak, Jelavic, Cahill, Coleman, Arteta, Howard (yes, he was poo at the end but he was good in his prime), where would we have ended up? Hell, what about Limpar and Amokachi and Kanchelskis back in the 90s? They were hardly crap.

If you want to see all-British teams, go support a League 2 team (not Cambridge though, they've got a Bulgarian goalie, an Ivorian midfielder, a Jamaican striker and some Irishmen).

Last edited:
When we move to the docks do you think a proposal of having a british only squad could work? We would have to be settled in the stadium for a few years first of course. Similar to what Athletic Bilboa do in spain. we already have an amazing academy, it would be a unique selling point for the club and be attractive to british players. Tbh all the foreign players bar Vlasic and Niasse have been pants for us this year anyway. If this is too drastic maybe we have a marquee players system in place for the forgeign players? Hopefully this way we avoid dross like Martina and creata unique Club in England. Thoughts??

Are you a fan of Lewis Hamilton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.