Votes: 119 37.3%
  • Draw - 'SAKE KOEMAN

Votes: 96 30.1%
  • Everton Win - MAYO ON CHIPS

Votes: 104 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Among the popular choice for the line up seems to be Kenny/Holgate, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic, and DCL. So, half the team are U-21 players.

Kids can be brilliant for one game, decent for the next three, but clueless for the other six. When many of them play together, chances are they will take turn along that pattern.

I would play at most three of them together, with Lennon, Mirallas, and two strikers.

Yeah "you can't win anything with kids" : )

In truth, I mostly agree.

So many of our best players in terms of value, quality and commitment to the club and grew with the team though. We have to persist with youth first. We're out of Europa, with no realistic league expectations so this is a massive opportunity for them now with meaningful cup experiences in the table, too.

Our signings are so poor (Klassen slow, Sandro/Gylfi lost, Rooney's conduct is appalling and has to be a distraction, quite aside from his age - although at least he's scored a couple). They're awful and don't fit with Schneiderlin, either. I've seen less hesitation when visiting elderly relatives.

So playing our youth - which looks decent - is the _single_ thing I think Koeman got right so far - especially last season: playing Davies, Pennington, Lookman, Kenny, Holgate, DCL (and now Vlasic, too) - and persisting with a decent run for Barkley whom he improved after a poor run under Fraud.

Agree too, I'd like to see Lennon and Mirallas for some greater threat and width, for our younger players to learn from. personally would be very happy to see 6 U21s EVERY game (bearing in mind they can come on as subs, too). This would actually resemble a plan and we'll have a much better crop of guys fit for next season. I'd like to see Galloway back in that mix, too.

I've said it one and I'll say it again...

I'd love to see us just play a 4-3-3 with wingers and pace:

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
LB: Baines
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
DM: Gueye
CM: Davies
CM: Sigurdsson
RW: Vlasic
LW: Lookman
CF: Calvert-Lewin

SUBS
Stekelenburg
Holgate
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Rooney
Sandro
Niasse

Drop Williams. Play with width. Just seems so obvious to me.

Last edited:
I've said it one and I'll say it again...

I'd love to see us just play a 4-3-3 with wingers and pace:

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
LB: Baines
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
DM: Gueye
CM: Davies
CM: Sigurdsson
RW: Vlasic
LW: Lookman
CF: Calvert-Lewin

SUBS
Stekelenburg
Holgate
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Rooney
Sandro
Niasse

Drop Williams. Play with width. Just seems to obvious to me.

I'd just put Kev on the bench instead of Former Manchester United Football Club Legend Wayne Rooney to make that a very likeable selection for team and bench.

I think we can all justifiably slag Koeman off, he's been a joke. But what I'm looking for is the players to step up Sunday, especially our senior players. It doesn't have to be pretty but they need to work for each other and show some fight and desire.

if the senior players show some character they can drag the younger players through this rut. And they'll be better players for it.

That Purple Aki/Blue boy lad from TEF has said Baines is 50/50 for this game, he's usually spot on with line ups and injuries. Ffs means there's a chance Cuco will start at LB.

An Everton win of course, Up the Toffees! I must say, quite shocked to see so many have put Brighton, we aren't great but I can never go against The Blues. Just wondering is that because people want rid of the manager or genuinely believe we'll get beat, not beyond the realms of possibility the way we are playing, hopefully we click this week and give ourselves a springboard for the next tough fixtures.

I agree with the team itself minus Rooney and personally would play Gana over Snides, but not necessarily the formation as it doesn't provide us with width as it looks narrow towards the front attacking line.

I'd like to see something like... (and not that this is so much different to yours mind) but a more flat 4-4-1-1 in which Vlasic and Lookman play slightly further forward.

Pickford
Kenny jags keane baines
Gueye Davies
Vlasic. Lookman
Siggy
DCL

I think that's the team I would like to see, I hope he sees some sense and plays some pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.