Votes: 119 37.3%
  • Draw - 'SAKE KOEMAN

Votes: 96 30.1%
  • Everton Win - MAYO ON CHIPS

Votes: 104 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is himself though. He looks good doing what he is doing but he isn't fast enough or arsed enough to play as a striker and gives the ball away too many times to be a midfielder. Perhaps if the team had real attacking movement and pace we might see him be more effective but overall him playing means our record signing doesn't play in their best position.

I mean how crap are we? Break our transfer record for a player and treat him like just another player and shoehorn him into the team.

If Rooney genuinely played where he was meant to then maybe he would make more teams, but he has a tendency to basically wander off wherever he wants and not offer anything significant in a the game.

I'd even take him as the phantom captain on the pitch but he is silent

I totally agree with this. I can't fit Rooney into the team, based on the player and formation/style/tactics needed for this (and most) games. He gets so frustrated that he can't do the things he used to be able to do, then tries to make up for it by getting more and more involved, thus getting in people's way (Sigurdsson and Klassan have suffered badly because of this). The game he played as centre-forward epitomised this - he came to get the ball in the centre-half position, Schneiderlin, Jagielka, Baines and Martina were all further forward than he was. Any manager worth their salt would give him specific instructions or bench him.

Yes he can play a part, I can't critique his enthusiasm, but he needs to be used in a system, not given a free role like he has been.

Wow! So we got shafted to Sunday by the Premier League in order to sell the game abroad - NOT AT HOME (wouldn't happen to some teams I can think of). and the triple whammy of

1) Early kick off (not 3pm) meaning dead early start for fans
2) Late arrive home for fans
3) No chance of simple TV coverage for the rest of us

not forgetting that Sky have double crapped on fans with Newcastle going to Southampton later in the day

Meanwhile you will note that Lyon play Friday night..

I'd go:

----------Pickford------------
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

---------Gana---------------
Vlasic--------------Mirallas
-------Sigurdsson----------

------ Rooney--DCL--------

Wouldn't surprise me if he went:

------------Pickford--------------
-----Keane Williams Jagielka---
-Martina-------------------Baines

--------Gana Schneiderlin-------

-Rooney---------------Sigurdsson
---------------DCL-----------------

I'd go:

----------Pickford------------
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

---------Gana---------------
Vlasic--------------Mirallas
-------Sigurdsson----------

------ Rooney--DCL--------

Wouldn't surprise me if he went:

------------Pickford--------------
-----Keane Williams Jagielka---
-Martina-------------------Baines

--------Gana Schneiderlin-------

-Rooney---------------Sigurdsson
---------------DCL-----------------
Why on earth do some people still insist on putting Rooney & Schneiderlin in their prospective line up, they're both absolutely garbage!

Why on earth do some people still insist on putting Rooney & Schneiderlin in their prospective line up, they're both absolutely garbage!
I only put Schneiderlin in the line up I think Koeman will pick and as for Rooney, I'd go 2 up front so obviously DCL and then it's between Rooney, Sandro and Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.