Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in a long time we put in a hard working and organised shift for 90 minutes. Both Allan & Doucoure were fantastic. There seems to be an actual plan in place for when we have the ball, players making runs and confidently showing for the ball and looking to play one two’s and get it forward, defensive players closing down and getting stuck in, it was great to see.

Josh King is a slightly worse version of Richarlison mate.

I really don't want to bag on Richie too much, I really don't, but he's a pretty poor player on the days he doesn't directly contribute to goals and that's a problem for everyone but the very, very best players who contribute to a goal every time out.
Think you should just give it up mate. Football is not for you.
I can only imagine you have never played the game if you can't see what he contributes to every game he plays for us.
You sound like an arm chair FIFA fan boy.

Superb performance against what will turn out to be a ok Brighton team. Allan under Rafael is a different animal, like so many of our players especially including Doucoure too but thought Allan was excellent in midfield broke up so much play and the through ball for the penalty was a beautiful ball. Gray is the bargain the of the season was excellent again yesterday and super atmosphere and some craic there yesterday, a season i was dreading is starting to look promising.

Hounorable mention to Michael Keane yesterday thought he was excellent.

I totally agree about that first part though. He's a goal scorer who tends to be not very good when he doesn't score. We gave Rom crap for that but I think Richarlison takes it even a step further sometimes. I get the not coming off stuff but it really often doesn't come off in terms of his passing play. It's frustrating because he does the hard stuff so so well.

He's an instinct player on the ball. That flick through to Coleman, that touch and cross for Dom v S'ton. And when he's got space to run into it can work.

But in crowded spaces he isn't great at crisp, smooth passing.

It is what it is though. I'm gonna wait until after Tuesday and see where we're at in terms of the squad.

Gone for Gray man of the match, pace and finish cutting in, at last a player who can actually do it. Clever player who is clever with his contracts...

Not getting overly excited, delve into Brighton they had players out of position due to whatever.

12 point before Utd game is easily within reach now and is the minimum expected.

First time in a long time we put in a hard working and organised shift for 90 minutes. Both Allan & Doucoure were fantastic. There seems to be an actual plan in place for when we have the ball, players making runs and confidently showing for the ball and looking to play one two’s and get it forward, defensive players closing down and getting stuck in, it was great to see.
Well this attractive style is hoof ball?

whatever it is called, give me more!

Just watched the whole of the game, and while there’s no substitute for class, what showed yesterday is if you work hard are organised and every player is committed to the cause you can go a long way in this league. Thought it was a terrific performance some good football and evert player played their part.

Giving MOTM to Allan

Lots to like from many different players

Feel much better after both CBs played better

Plenty of positives about moving the ball forward, energy, fitness and a general desire to win

Tony :)

Status
Not open for further replies.