Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since your so smart what did he bring us yesterday?

Seriously, describing Josh King as "a slightly worse version of Richarlison" is up there with the most ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum.
I stand by it even though I was quite a few drinks in. Richarlison and King are both players who bring no value to the side when they aren't directly contributing to goals. I get he works hard, so does Townsend, so does King, it isn't a skill. Richarlison is better at scoring than King I'm not even attempting to argue that, and I probably should say he's a fair bit better not slightly, but that is really all he's giving us that is an above average skill. So stylistically I think they're comparable.

I think time will tell on Richarlison and maybe not in the most positive way. A lot of people still point to him being young enough and he is but he's not taken a step up in three years here. When that starts to fade in the next year or two we're going to be left with a flawed player. For that reason I have no problem selling now and think we absolutely have to sell next summer unless he does make strides in some areas.

As for the Brighton game I know he had a couple of nice flicks but he also had the most misplaced passes and losses of possession in the team. And it wasn't close. And late on he wasn't useful in any of our breaks looking for a third, an area which imo he should thrive. So for me it was a poor showing as was the week before and the reason is that he's just not a good player unless he scores or assists. He's not offering anything otherwise.

Yes praise is allowed. But so is pointing out that the club has a habit of allowing the squad to return to god awful rubbish football (See Martinez, Silva, Ancelotti). The true test of Benitez (as it was of Ancelotti) is whether he can break that cycle. Thats not a controversial notion.
Don't mind though if the cycle is 3 years after we nicked the champion league trophy

I stand by it even though I was quite a few drinks in. Richarlison and King are both players who bring no value to the side when they aren't directly contributing to goals. I get he works hard, so does Townsend, so does King, it isn't a skill. Richarlison is better at scoring than King I'm not even attempting to argue that, and I probably should say he's a fair bit better not slightly, but that is really all he's giving us that is an above average skill. So stylistically I think they're comparable.

I think time will tell on Richarlison and maybe not in the most positive way. A lot of people still point to him being young enough and he is but he's not taken a step up in three years here. When that starts to fade in the next year or two we're going to be left with a flawed player. For that reason I have no problem selling now and think we absolutely have to sell next summer unless he does make strides in some areas.

As for the Brighton game I know he had a couple of nice flicks but he also had the most misplaced passes and losses of possession in the team. And it wasn't close. And late on he wasn't useful in any of our breaks looking for a third, an area which imo he should thrive. So for me it was a poor showing as was the week before and the reason is that he's just not a good player unless he scores or assists. He's not offering anything otherwise.
I find it hard to agree but not based on fact as I think you are right ,it is such a shame that he (in an Everton shirt ) is an almost player .He has it all except the mental side as he broods almost the whole match like a kid who dropped his ice cream . I thought he would be off this window because of his lacking performances ,it was like he was playing for a move .

Seriously, describing Josh King as "a slightly worse version of Richarlison" is up there with the most ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum.
Did someone really start an attempted rebuttal with 'Well since your (sic) so smart......' ? Sweet baby Jebus ???
FYI I tried to quote what he had said snd stuffed up the quote.

FYI I tried to quote what he had said snd stuffed up the quote.
Yes, I know. I was commenting on you quoting him. Although, to be fair, 'FYI' isn't a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.