Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous before the game with no Godfrey or Yerry, but fair play to Keane and Holgate who did well - sterner tests to come so need them both back asap.

Allan and Doucs were fantastic in the middle - Allan motm. Gray and Townsend also both class and bring pace and directness which we have missed for so long, and only really had Richie doing previously.

Also fair play to Benitez - he has us organised and playing some decent stuff. A good start and converting the doubters (like myself) one game at a time, which is all he can do. Long may it continue.

Shows our first 11 can give anyone in the league a game.

We need two or three more signings in to cover injuries, or the season could go the same way as last with the current squad.

A very very good team performance
Nor surprised to see keane have a decent game. He's had plenty. Pleasantly surprised to see Holgate looking solid. Both centre mids were excellent. Townsend gave a hard working, mature performance. Special mention to seamus who had a cracker. Write him off at your peril

I was going to refer to him as Benny and not Rafael because that's what they called him. I don't see any harm in it but I've stuck
with Benitez. Frankly, I'm well over the red connection and anyway, it bothers most of them far more than me, I'm sure. They
must hate Everton wins even more than before.
I perfectly understand the hesitancy to call him Rafael, I think Benny is churlish and so for the time being, he will be Benitez or Mr.Benitez for me.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, how he is referred to isn’t a major issue but Benny is just wrong.

Think you should just give it up mate. Football is not for you.
I can only imagine you have never played the game if you can't see what he contributes to every game he plays for us.
You sound like an arm chair FIFA fan boy.
Well since your so smart what did he bring us yesterday?

Josh King slightly worse than Richarlison!

1988.jpg

Ok hands up, admit it, who in here was sat in block D / E and was involved in the horrific pre-match scenes, where one of the warm-up balls was kicked into the away end, and rather than give it straight back, it was thrown around the away end for a couple of minutes whilst the poor middle-aged female steward was trying to get us to return it. She was getting so angry I thought at one point she was going to cry. I’m fairly sure at one point she was trying to get one of the coppers to jump in and get it lollollol.

First time in a long time we put in a hard working and organised shift for 90 minutes. Both Allan & Doucoure were fantastic. There seems to be an actual plan in place for when we have the ball, players making runs and confidently showing for the ball and looking to play one two’s and get it forward, defensive players closing down and getting stuck in, it was great to see.

100%.. the players always had the potential to do it.. just needed a manger who believed in them and was positive enough to want the players to show for the ball for 90 mins..

I don’t think this is a flash in the pan.. I believe this is the intention going forward

We've got that look. I call it Spiders. We are like Spiders crawling all over the pitch. Speed and stealth when it matters. Leicester had it when they won the trophy.

Gray is pure genius. Where the heck did Rafael come up with that guy?

Well since your so smart what did he bring us yesterday?

Seriously, describing Josh King as "a slightly worse version of Richarlison" is up there with the most ridiculous posts I've seen on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.