Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic result. Another decent performance AND a clean sheet.
Allan my MOM but don't think anyone had a poor game.
Richarlison never stops trying and I admire his desire to score, but it looks so unprofessional when players argue over who is taking penalties. Benitez needs to make it clear that it is HIS decision, and make sure all players know who will take them before the game starts.
Gray is looking great value and Doucoure is like a new man under this 'move it forwards' approach.
It's still early days and the fixture list has been relatively kind so far, but you can only play whoever is in front of you. 7 points from 1H and 2A is a better start than most predicted.
Hopefully we get a few more new faces before the window 'slams shut'
Onwards and upwards blue boys.

well played and well won. Only downside was Richy acting like an ass on the pen. Allan excellent. DCL looks very strong on pens.
We could seriously have imploded as a team if DCL had missed that. I don’t know what he was thinking either cause I honestly believe he would have missed had he taken it by putting all that pressure onto himself.
I want him to do well and understand his mentality but get the impression that his game and relationship with the team (especially DCL) is suffering because he is worrying too much about goals.
I think his poor goal tally last season affected him but to be fair we had a horrible setup for goal scorers last season. He’s not going to do himself any favors on the goal front by falling out with his own teammates.

Rafael has obviously identified that we need to get the ball into the box much more this season. Finally adding pace to the right wing seems to have made all the difference. If only Brands would read this website he’d see exactly whats required.

Allan was a powerhouse today along with Dacoure. We need that pairing to remain fit this season. Richy needs a 3 week holiday and the rest of the squad need to get their match fitness back so our bench is stonger after the international break.

If we can shift 2-3 players in the next few days and strenthen the 1st 11 then that would halp us push for the European spots this season
Moise Keen medical at PSG, apparently, loan with buying possibility,according to Sky.

When you see the fight from our reserves earlier in the week, then the fight shown today you just know something is going on here for the good.

3 new signings would be nice but I think for the first time in ages we have a true scrap for places and a belief in ourselves. How could you fault any of their performances and effort today, a truly magnificent display.

These sort of games today we seldom win but we went at them like terriers with conviction from the off.
Finding it hard to pick a MOM for all the right reasons is refreshing too, and it's happened 4 games on the bounce for me now.

Simply cannot believe the turnaround since Rafael joined, both in spirit and game plan, basically with the same set of players and a couple of bargain bucket gems. No fluke this lads.

I’ve been weary of the Allan / Doucoure partnership, always felt like they needed a sitter behind them. But they absolutely bossed it today and hopefully it’s a sign that they’re starting to figure it out! Been so long since we’ve been able to dominate the middle of the park like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.