Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely immense away performance, Brighton being turbo gash aside, team well drilled, look dangerous on the counter. Allan/Doucoure solid, Seamus rolling back the years he set the tempo in that first half hour and probably shaded Allan for my MOTM. Keane and Holgate didn't make any rash decisions and did the simple things well.

Reading this forum beforehand, you would swear we couldn't win a game without Mina, Gbamin and that Colombian lad who probably didn't know who we were playing. Just general moaning from alot of posters. Excellent start to the season again. Time to get players fit, time to add a few and time to get a few players in.

Well done Rafael

The thing that gives me the most hope for this season is how quickly Benitez has managed to get the best out of those players who aren’t quite our “stars” but are important starters nonetheless - Allan, Dukes, Iwobi even.

And Gray looks like a £40 million player, not a £2 million one. Gomes has looked pretty good in his appearances so far as well. It’s that group of players where, if they can keep up this form for the long-run, really gives us a chance to make some noise this year.

Really good performance.

Richarlison will get stick, and there'll be the nonsense rumours that our fans love to spew and then believe.

He was frustrated but thought he played quite well in a role that clearly isn't right or he hasn't yet learned how to play. Was a daft sod for the penalty thing and got told, rightly so, where to shove it. But got his head down and kept working.

FairPlay. Fantastic performance. Think 3 or 4 wouldn’t have been too unfair in the end.

Allan, doucoure and Iwobi in particular look like different players.

Poor stuff from Richarlison re the penalty but defensively I thought he was outstanding today, stopped bissouma being able to dictate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.