Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks because we played well before the penalty which totally changed the game. If that happens in the middle of a good run we probably react in the proper way which is to say that sucks and we got screwed. Instead we are going to use it as an indictment of Silva and the players and to me it just isn't.

It is though. We have the best squad we've had in ages, a team that is capable of beating anyone else and which we know can play at a very high level. If the mental side of things was sorted out, we would absolutely win something before long. It isn't being sorted out, which can only be an indictment of the manager.

Raged about VAR in heat of the moment as it snatched away any chance of an away win for us. And I still don't like VAR.

But, when you've just gone 2-1 up away at Brighton with 15 mins left and come back from 1-0 down, you should be controlling the game because they should be deflated. Not us, no. We were hoping we could hang on for the win!! Thats the reality right now.
And, it makes think that they'd have scored anyway and denied us the win even without VAR. Weak mentality.....very weak.

No point being upset.

Anyone who didn’t see the first VAR mess up costing us points just doesn’t understand.

I mean it’s not as if the same diving crimes weren’t being committed by Suarez, Gerrard and Salah to win penalties for the extremely popular Kopite side so who would be the chief recipient of the diametrically opposed VAR call but good old Everton. (And of course the loss of THREE points).

So well done MOTD for insisting a call be overturned NO MATTER HOW CLEAR AND OBVIOUS (or otherwise) the error.
MOTD?
Did you see the match ?
I watched the replay and sorry to say he caught him ,so being a VAR fan it was a penalty .Of that there is no question .

Dont take it personally mate, they lose on just about everyone else's too

haha well not often ones birthday is on match day is it :p

We've never won on mine. Remember stole beat us 4-3 or 3-2 or something last time. Newcastle beat us the time before that. Bollox.

Very least they could do would be to get into Europe and have some mid week games. Don’t remember the last time they played on my birthday, could be more than 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.