Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m like that person who has a gym membership but doesn’t actually go. I’m officially an Evertonian, but I’m not interested any more. I think I’ll ‘cancel my membership’ and if I can be bothered with football, I’ll just be a neutral.
I like your analogy...I feel similar, I remain interested in Everton, and wish them well, but I don’t invest any more emotional capital than that.

As jarg as that VAR call was there is no excusing that capitulation afterwards. A good team dusts themselves off and gets back on the front foot, we instead just shat ourselves every time they played a direct ball and invited pressure.

There was a very telling bit on Sky where, just after they showed our players shaking everyone elses hand they showed WBA (who had a last minute penalty scored against them) at the final whistle; they were all raging. Our players need to fume more.

No point being upset.

Anyone who didn’t see the first VAR mess up costing us points just doesn’t understand.

I mean it’s not as if the same diving crimes weren’t being committed by Suarez, Gerrard and Salah to win penalties for the extremely popular Kopite side so who would be the chief recipient of the diametrically opposed VAR call but good old Everton. (And of course the loss of THREE points).

So well done MOTD for insisting a call be overturned NO MATTER HOW CLEAR AND OBVIOUS (or otherwise) the error.

Delph didn't help when he came on - let himself be overrun spinning around when he had the ball instead of playing it forward. Something certainly changed with Siggi and Delph on the pitch - speed and fight disappeared in the rain.

once upon a time, that decision would have enraged those players

it didnt, and we lost
Perfect summary.

We are such a submissive team. We get derailed and overwhelmed by decisions and crucial moments and fall to pieces. It's the reason why we lose consistently away from home and we never come from behind in games.

We desperately need some leadership from the manager and among the players. Terrible decisions aside, we shouldn't be beaten by Brighton 3-2 away from home and it not come as a surprise.

No point being upset.

Anyone who didn’t see the first VAR mess up costing us points just doesn’t understand.

I mean it’s not as if the same diving crimes weren’t being committed by Suarez, Gerrard and Salah to win penalties for the extremely popular Kopite side so who would be the chief recipient of the diametrically opposed VAR call but good old Everton. (And of course the loss of THREE points).

So well done MOTD for insisting a call be overturned NO MATTER HOW CLEAR AND OBVIOUS (or otherwise) the error.
I disagree. Everything about today was upsetting.

I had the game on at work, we have TVs at the store I manage.

Now I have to go deal with drunks and be customer service friendly for another 6 hours. And I'm just miserable. Usually a take a L in stride, but that one is hard to ignore.

Not even getting into a blame game of any sorts. Just on the face of, here's a questionable VAR decision and a last minute own goal... the eff

Status
Not open for further replies.