Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One match wonders.

All history will show that we got beat 3-2 by a bang average Brighton side.

A popular member on this forum commented a few weeks back about 4-4-2, that there is a reason nobody plays it anymore.

Brighton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Bournemouth all average sides, have all beaten us playing 4-4-2.

We probably have better players than these sides, but they are better teams. Or were on the day.

Has Marco gone yet?

Sheff Utd do not play 4-4-2. They play 3-5-2.

Brighton didn't beat us because of the system. Burnley beat us from a corner.

He still scored an own goal and it cost us at least a point so it was a silly own goal and that's putting it politely
So he should have let the ball go past him for Murray to slot into empty net...he was at full stretch attempting to cover from the left back position the central defenders and goalkeepers inadequacies ...it would be interesting to hear your non polite understanding of the situation as you tell me exactly what Digne should have done

Gomes is going to be one of those 1 good game in 4 type of players ain’t he

At least with gana he was consistently good in every game. Such a big loss.
But Gana was such a limited midfielder,we were never going to move forward with him in the side,it's true I read it here,often!

So he should have let the ball go past him for Murray to slot into empty net...he was at full stretch attempting to cover from the left back position the central defenders and goalkeepers inadequacies ...it would be interesting to hear your non polite understanding of the situation as you tell me exactly what Digne should have done
You wouldn't mindif scored an own goal every week then?

In case you've not yet voted, the MotM poll for this game closes at 4.16 Tuesday afternoon, so don't delay, have your say ;);)

I threw a vote to young Mason Holgate for acquitting himself well after so long out of the team and for his composure in putting through the ball that DCL knocked into the net.

Cruel match.

Status
Not open for further replies.