Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTD?
Did you see the match ?
I watched the replay and sorry to say he caught him ,so being a VAR fan it was a penalty .Of that there is no question .
I watched the replay and sorry to say Keane had his eyes on the ball the whole time and put his foot in a natural position. Since football is not a non-contact sport, it is not a penalty. Of that there is no question.

that will set us back
7 months since last away win!!! Disgraceful!

That is a truly shocking stat.
I have defended Silva on here as recently as today but if we haven't won away for 7 months that is totally unacceptable. Is there any other team in the league that has gone that long without an away win?
Am starting to wonder if Silva is the right manager now but if we sack him that will set us back to square one.......again, and i'm getting cheesed off with seeing us having to constantly rebuild.
Time for Brands to earn his crust.

That is a truly shocking stat.
I have defended Silva on here as recently as today but if we haven't won away for 7 months that is totally unacceptable. Is there any other team in the league that has gone that long without an away win?
Am starting to wonder if Silva is the right manager now but if we sack him that will set us back to square one.......again, and i'm getting cheesed off with seeing us having to constantly rebuild.
Time for Brands to earn his crust.
Possibly Arsenal? Not sure though. We've always been crap away from home for as long as I've ever seen us.

Yep, Emery not doing too well at Arsenal but not sure that Kroenke would put up with a stat of 0 away wins in 7 months.
It's not quite that bad but this snippet I just found shows they weren't doing too hot themselves away from home, as last season they had the biggest disparity between home & away form or something.

Everton fan waking up from a coma of 2010 in 2019: How are we doing, what place are we?
Nurse: You are one place behind Man.
United
Fan: oh finally my dream come true

And reality, big battle for escaping the relegation zone

Got home about half an hour ago after a shocking trip back on the train from Euston. General consensus among the blues on the train is that we were unlucky with the penalty, which spurred them on.

We were however, non-existent defensively on our right hand side after Walcott went off, which was a worry. Those subs led to us scoring our second, but also, partly, led to their third. Quite a few plusses in individual performances today ( mainly Sidibe, Holgate and Davies ), and we have the better players, but Brighton looked like a team that had been coached to make the most of what they've got, in that they used space and simple passing to make opportunities. We didn't, and looked to be relying on a piece of indivudual skill here and there.

Got home about half an hour ago after a shocking trip back on the train from Euston. General consensus among the blues on the train is that we were unlucky with the penalty, which spurred them on.

We were however, non-existent defensively on our right hand side after Walcott went off, which was a worry. Those subs led to us scoring our second, but also, partly, led to their third. Quite a few plusses in individual performances today ( mainly Sidibe, Holgate and Davies ), and we have the better players, but Brighton looked like a team that had been coached to make the most of what they've got, in that they used space and simple passing to make opportunities. We didn't, and looked to be relying on a piece of indivudual skill here and there.
Go and put a bit of Syd on...

That's how slight hope for revival (after beating WH) fade away with brutal reality of "[Poor language removed] and weak Everton" (as Pet from Toffee TV summed up) kissing you in the face. Was lucky though watching only highlights, otherwise all this VARfricking thing will make my throat sick.
Hey, Moshiri! Do a big favor for us, go grab some piles of money and buy some grip and resilience for this team.

Possibly Arsenal? Not sure though. We've always been crap away from home for as long as I've ever seen us.
I blame homesickness; it afflicts so many of our brave lion hearts. Many of you will already be familiar with my Ross Pottinger tale, so I shan’t rehash that sorry story of homesickness: suffice to say ‘Potty’ ( his nickname), would fit seamlessly into this Everton team.

Status
Not open for further replies.