Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch as it was on during the early hours, but LOL at the team line up... I'm not going to blame anyone - i see the white flag about to be raised though, there aren't enough players to make a team let alone a squad, Carlo's just put whatever he can on the pitch.

It's going to be a miracle to make top 8, maybe even top half.

Cazoo..... Car Loan Celloti patched together the Toffee Jalopy and brought the servants down to the Sussex coast for a bracing evening.. It wasn't very pretty and, in keeping with Everton tradition (Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Not Able to Field Perfect Side) managed to be without almost an entire side and bench worth of injured (or unavailable through short-term loan) persons.. Then again we do make a terrible habit of acquiring Shandys .. Players unwilling or unable to contribute almost anything for the entire length of their contract - think Bolasie, Besic, Smallman, Van Der Meyde, Rodrigo, Delph, Williamson, Bilic, Gbamin. Luck and Everton eh?

....the plus is we defended well, the negative is we offered no threat at all at the other end.

With Keane looking flaky and fragile, Mina & Holgate played fine but Godfrey was the key reason we didn’t concede. Godfrey must be an absolute nuisance to play against, I imagine Danny Welbeck was glad to see hear the final whistle.

Godfrey might not be Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet but he’s head and shoulders the best CB at the club. It’s just about getting him the right partner.

Loads of injuries, no bench. Away from home. Yeah, we won't get top 4, but Carlo has only had one real window. We know we still need an overhaul of players.

I didn't expect much more then a backs to the walls job when I saw the 6 defenders starting. It is what it is. Give it time.

The desire for champions league football is etched into these lads faces

This is it. even if they're all crap, there are ways you can push and bust your lungs, run like mad...just make a BIG BIG passionate effort to win. The problem with that, for me comes down to Siggy - not the right type of player in the middle. Keane - good player very good, but not a leader, and also that Seamus either needs to learn overnight how to be a good leader on the pitch, or we need a new captain. Love his comments in the presser yesterday, but I think a humble, nice, positive captain is great, but we also need an assertive, loud captain now as well.

More importantly, I read the stats last night somewhere that

Digne, DCL, James, Richy, Allan & Doucoure have played together 6 times, and we have won 5, drawn 1 and scored 17.

Incredible.

The sad thing for the supporters of Everton is the realisation that we are a mid table team, sadder still is the fact that the players we have, with very few exceptions, are content with being a mid table team.
I thought 3 or 4 summer signings would make us a competitive side, more like 7 or 8.

I watched some extended highlights... and it was almost as if they were edited by a Brighton fan. But nope Everton did literally squat the entire game.

I mean I'm not mad, we have to lower our expectations. We put six defenders on the pitch!

We’ve now taken 2 points from the last 12 available, which included games against Burnley (16th), Crystal Palace (13th), and Brighton (15th).

If you’re wondering how you throw away a chance at Europe... that’s how.

Even with a draw yesterday 2 points behind West Ham in 4th with a game in hand if we beat Burnley and Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.