Which brand of football do you prefer?

• Everton

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Brighton

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

MACCA75

Player Valuation: £70m
So, if not for the points deduction, we are on 44 points. The same as the much lauded Brighton and Hove Albion. I think it’s fair to say, we play opposite brands of football.

Do they pass for the sake of it? Do we go long way too often?

The question is, which football do you prefer?

Brightons style is good but it's on of those where you need the players for the system. They've taken a fair few beatings this season and it's not really a surprise when they've replaced the likes of macallister, caicedo etc for Milner and having players like lallana and welbeck still regulars.

I'm not a big fan of playing out from the back unless if you have a top team because it will nearly always be punished at some point. What gets me is when these teams like Brighton still persist on playing out from the back even when they are missing their best players and you start seeing them giving away cheap goals.

So, if not for the points deduction, we are on 44 points. The same as the much lauded Brighton and Hove Albion. I think it’s fair to say, we play opposite brands of football.

Do they pass for the sake of it? Do we go long way too often?

The question is, which football do you prefer?

What irks me is how often, when in open space, our players head a damn ball back to the opposition instead of taking it down and passing out.

Control=0.

It depends. If it works Brighton is nice to watch, but like Dyche, de Zerbi isn't really tactically flexible and often a passenger in games where other approaches are needed.

Losing games by a lot of individual mistakes from relentless playing out of the back would frustrate me.

Brightons style is good but it's on of those where you need the players for the system. They've taken a fair few beatings this season and it's not really a surprise when they've replaced the likes of macallister, caicedo etc for Milner and having players like lallana and welbeck still regulars.

I'm not a big fan of playing out from the back unless if you have a top team because it will nearly always be punished at some point. What gets me is when these teams like Brighton still persist on playing out from the back even when they are missing their best players and you start seeing them giving away cheap goals.
Burnley are a great example of this. The 3 times we’ve played them this season it’s felt like they’re trying to give us the oval on the edge of their box. Have some awareness of your players and play to their strengths!

Our style of football is more fun when we win. The derby was the perfect example. Old school and shows most modern footballers are absolute fannies (Alexander Arnold being the prime example). But when you play that way and lose to Luton, it's hard to support it.

Why can't we do both? Dogs of war when you're up against the scab 6 and show a bit more initiative when playing the rest.

Our style of football is more fun when we win. The derby was the perfect example. Old school and shows most modern footballers are absolute fannies (Alexander Arnold being the prime example). But when you play that way and lose to Luton, it's hard to support it.

Why can't we do both? Dogs of war when you're up against the scab 6 and show a bit more initiative when playing the rest.
Yeah, our problem is the game with the ball. I mean all 12 wins we got were from having less possession than the opponent. We had 8 games with even or more, resulting in 2 points in total.

I don't mind the actual possession that much, more detailly I care more touches around and in box, for example.

Against Brighton at home we ended with more touches in the box with 20% possession, also against Burnley at the 1:0.

Yeah, our problem is the game with the ball. I mean all 12 wins we got were from having less possession than the opponent. We had 8 games with even or more, resulting in 2 points in total.

I don't mind the actual possession that much, more detailly I care more touches around and in box, for example.

Against Brighton at home we ended with more touches in the box with 20% possession, also against Burnley at the 1:0.
For some reason, we stopped having shots in that 15 game winless run. I said to my mate at the derby "if you don't buy a lottery ticket, you don't win". We beat Forest with 2 outside the box and our 2nd against the rs was as a result of a speculative 30 yarder from McNeill. If we just had a few more pot shots (garner and McNeill can hit them) we'd have scored more. The rest (possession and pretty passing) I can take or leave as long as we get the wins.