Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so poor in the front third …. we don’t create anything.Both Gordon’s goal today and Grays v Forest we’re just lumped balls over the top. If teams drop their CB pair 5 yards deeper vs us , that outlet is gone too.

Yes mate. Small steps, no money, crap team due to past failures. I will take it all day long. What do you expect.....Champions League?
We have money. We just keep wasting it. Does your cra_ team include the new signings? Mine would and who's fault is that? STEP FORWARD FRANK. Still conceding from corners BTW. If we played with more ambition we would win more games.

He ruined it by keeping 2 in cm. Davies on for McNeil we would have won.
Yeah completely agree. We have 5 subs and the best managers will take advantage. Whats the point in allan being on the bench. He made 2 subs before they scored 1 was forced and the other was cm for cm…he needs to take responsibility for that today.

Take a point, teams played for 12points , taken 6 up in 7th.
Cobbled together something.Amadou, been with us a few days, we are a work in progress.
Listened to commentary, played ok for 30mins first half, rode our luck.

Under the circumstances ground out a point.
This sort of performance will get us relegated.But i feel confident we can be loads better, have to be Frank.
A point a Leeds , that will be much more difficult.
Then the RS at home anyones guess.

So three points in 6 games, id say that gets a manager on the way to must WIN next three or the sack.Regardless of ciscumstances.
So , to Leeds , hope we can grind out a point.
Home to RS and time to beat them.
I can see storm clouds forming unless Frank moulds this suad into a very good team sharpish.

Thought Onana played well, McNeil continued to underwhelm, 5 at the back really doesn't seem the way forward, would have took a point before KO but disappointed to not win in the end

I feel we should have won, having taken the lead, but when you consider that they hit the woodwork three times, a draw wasn't that bad a result really.

Giving my MotM to Anthony Gordon and wishing him every success with his Chelsea career ;)

I think McNeill really has to earn his starting place, he may well workout alright for us, but, at the moment, we just can't afford to carry him. Perhaps when DCL is fit and firing and McNeill can fire crosses in for him, it may be a different story, but, at the moment, he is just not quick enough of foot or thought.

Would have settled for the point before the game and last season, there is no way we would have got a point with a performance like that.

we rode our luck massively, could Coleman have been brought on for Patterson to help see it out?

surely a Maupay or DCL takes that Gray chance. Onana did well in the minutes he played, especially with the ball for said chance... teams will find it tough going to Brentford this season but when you're leading with 10 mins to go we need to be seeing these games out.

Status
Not open for further replies.