Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can complain at conceding but It's also a lack of placing threat on the other end. XG for Brentford was 2.5 goals. Factor them hitting the post 3 times along with a couple of nice looks in addition, could have easily been more. Yes the marking for the goal again was poor but we also were spared in some chances that should have been put away. In total a pretty lucky point in the game and in the table. Brentford in my estimation are better than us.

I just continue to have worries in build up. There's moments, but again a goal came from a deep field pick out similar to Forest. How consistent is that going to be week in week out. The other attempts are just sprinkling unthreatening attempts here and there. I don't see a rhythmic offense. Maybe the plan is to hit in transition but that doesn't seem to happen readily enough either. And the second half was basically dictated on their end of the pitch.

I can concede that maybe some tactics are factoring a lack of a central threat but the opposition over the last two points looked more convincing than us even if they both were draws. A point is a fair if generous result. On to next week.

I look at that game as see us composed on the ball but slightly vulnerable. We score and you cannot say we dont deserve it. We go into our shell and the rest of the game is defending. Need to have a bit more faith and belief in ourselves. The thing I liked about Brentford is early crossing and plenty of them. We tend to turn back and start all over again. We need earlier crossing and players busting a gut to get up there. We got a point which I am happy with but feels negative when they equalise with only 10 mins to go or so.

Still plenty of positives but please believe in yourselves
1 or 2 strikers who have an eye for goal will certainly see games like this put to bed

Please sack Lampard and 5 at the back takt
Mate go away your so miserable.. go and support someone else.. your constant moaning is boring.
Like this cowardly football with 5 at the back? Please go watch cricket and take Lampard

On balance of play, I’ll take a point. We rode our luck at times and couldn’t hold out. Was kinda expecting it but still disappointed having said all that.
Gray should have made us comfortable from the big chance we had in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.