Brands Transfers Assessment;

Status
Not open for further replies.
….most posters seem to be thinking the same, so I suppose the general view is not overly impressed with Brands.
Josh king got a 5, he played maybe 3 hours of football since January and never scored.

Thought this might be worth it’s own thread & a useful reference to capture Brands dealings in one place.

Ahead of this window, The Echo has analysed his 21 signings and scored them out of 10;

Richarlison 9
Digne 9
Virginia 7
Bernard 6
Mina 7
Gomes 6
Zooma 8
Lossl 4
Delph 4
Gbamin 5
Kean 6
Sidebe 6
Iwobi 5
Branthwaite 7
Nkounkou 6
Allan 8
Rodriguez 8
Doucoure 8
Godfrey 9
Olsen 7
King 5

Always an engaging topic of conversation regarding how we think he’s done.
Haha, Gbamin has barely been seen in a blue short and he still scored higher than that blert Delph! Pmsl

…yep, it’s not so much the Echo ratings but posters own overall assessment of how he’s done.

I’m a bit on the fence with Brands. The problem with individual scores is they don’t account for the lack of pace, athleticism in key areas & the lack of attacking threat in wide areas.

I guess what I’m saying, it’s as much about who he’s failed to bring in as it about those he has brought in.
He should be rated on bringing in the players that we actually need! ;)

Thought this might be worth it’s own thread & a useful reference to capture Brands dealings in one place.

Ahead of this window, The Echo has analysed his 21 signings and scored them out of 10;

Richarlison 9
Digne 9
Virginia 7
Bernard 6
Mina 7
Gomes 6
Zooma 8
Lossl 4
Delph 4
Gbamin 5
Kean 6
Sidebe 6
Iwobi 5
Branthwaite 7
Nkounkou 6
Allan 8
Rodriguez 8
Doucoure 8
Godfrey 9
Olsen 7
King 5

Always an engaging topic of conversation regarding how we think he’s done.
If u had a calculator handy abd could actually be arsed I would work out the average and cast a judgement but to be honest …..only two or three are 5 or below which makes his general performance above average

I wouldn't be part of the Brands cult, but to be very fair to Brands, i have heard Iwobi was a solo run from Moshiri on the last day of the transfer window, neither Silva or Brands wanted the deal. Apparently Moshiri had a liking for him from his time at Arsenal.

Personally i am prepared to accept that because nothing else on that deal makes any sense.

Gomes 6? About 3 I'd say. Those ratings are very generous. How does Nkounkou get a 6 when he hasn't had an opportunity to establish himself?

Although some of his signings have been questionable, its only part of the equation. Almost every year we've been short in a line. One year it was up front, another year was central midfield and another year it was center half. Id also be critical of his ability to do deals out and recoup anything for the club. Steve Walsh for all his faults was even able to that. he has signed some decent players sin my opinion, some clangers to mind. Its a mixed bag of a skill set really maybe verging on the "non plussed" side of adding value by his role. .

He must have woken up in a great mood this morning because pretty much every single one of those ratings is extremely generous. That's not even a dig at Brands, he's clearly made some good signings, but you can't take over a team that's finished 8th and then finish 12th and 10th if you've signed half a dozen players who are worthy of an 8 or above, it makes no sense.

I think people are being harsh on the Josh King one which was essentially a 6 month loan. He got out of it immediately for pretty much just the cost of his wages. Hard to blame him that the manager was completely losing the plot during Kings time here and just continuously naming the same team. Was he any good? No. Did I want him in the first place? Also no. But that didn't mean it wasn't worth a gamble

Richarlison 7
Digne 9
Virginia 5
Bernard 4
Mina 7
Gomes 4
Zouma 8
Lossl 6
Delph 2
Gbamin N/A
Kean 4
Sidibe 6
Iwobi 3
Branthwaite 8
Nkounkou 6
Allan 6
Rodriguez 7
Doucoure 8
Godfrey 8
Olsen 6
King 5

I'll go with that. Think he does have his work cut out for him having to recruit for Moshiris flavour of the month at will. Can you even rate Rodriguez or Allan as a Brands signing?

It's hard to give a fair judgement as it seems to be an absoloute circus upstairs, we don't really know what's going on between him and Mosh and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.