Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think there was a world where I would support this, but we seem to have blundered into it. I think it's 100% justifiable at this point.

'The laws of the game permit a referee to abandon a match when they can't guarantee safety. Well, I've just told my lads that I can't guarantee theirs. I'm not sending them back out there when this referee doesn't stop play for our head injuries, but does for theirs. This referee won't send an opposition player off for a clear red leg-breaker. I'm sorry, but I'm not asking my players to put their careers at risk when the FA obviously could give two figs for their welfare.'

Exactly

Cook didn't even get a yellow card despite leave the floor to make the tackle
The commentators insinuated it's a perfectly fair tackle because he won the ball, which to a point I understand. But why can't we go through the back any more?

Why in other circumstances would today's tackle constitute dangerous play? I hate how the rules do not apply for some teams, while they do for others.

He's down holding his head mate, is that not a valid reason to think he has a head injury and therefore play should be stopped as per the rule
Sure.

And then he should come off and get properly checked for a concussion. The current system of stop the game because it is serious and then immediately carry on is a complete farce and dangerous. People getting riled up over player safety while ignoring the other half are just mad we got scored on.

The poor refereeing shouldn't be a distraction from another awful Everton performance.

We're so bad it's hard to know where to start. What is the game plan? What style of football is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.