Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose and I'd sack his ass. Unacceptable results.
This doesn’t really make sense and is the short-term thinking which we saw with Rafael. If he’s the right man, he’s the right man whether or not we win one game of footy. It’s the same for whether he’s the wrong man. I think he’s the right man and given a couple of years we’d be pushing Europe under him. I might be wrong. But my opinion won’t change based on one result.

Edit - also what’s with the weird autocorrects going on with this site recently? The man’s widely known as the shortened version of Rafael but for some reason we’re not allowed to call him that? Odd.

So after the poor showing in the cup, and the resultant criticism, if we win the more important game is it considered a Frankie masterstroke?

We will win today, quite rightly today’s game was considered the priority. I know in hindsight looking at the teams that have been chucked out some are saying we should have played a stronger team in the cup, but I disagree. Our rebuilding depends on being in the premiership. Our new stadium depends on it too. We won’t be brilliant overnight and some patience is required.

Impatience and continually sacking managers will relegate us. I trust the manager on this and am confident of a win.

This doesn’t really make sense and is the short-term thinking which we saw with Rafael. If he’s the right man, he’s the right man whether or not we win one game of footy. It’s the same for whether he’s the wrong man. I think he’s the right man and given a couple of years we’d be pushing Europe under him. I might be wrong. But my opinion won’t change based on one result.

Edit - also what’s with the weird autocorrects going on with this site recently? The man’s widely known as the shortened version of Rafael but for some reason we’re not allowed to call him that? Odd.
He is still learning - despite his previous managerial terms - and has, with the assistance of Kevin Thelwell, reorganised the whole backroom which was something desperately needed given the state of flux endured over the past 5-10 years.

He is a likeable bloke and whilst endearing himself to the fans does not make him a good manager, currently, the general feeling within the Club appears to be one of a slow burn progress. The squad is gelling and overall seems to be in a much happier place than previous seasons.

Admittedly, the fans jury is currently out and he may appear to have limited time and opportunity on his hands to persuade us whether he is still the man for the job but it would be extremely rash to bin him at this moment and potentially undo the current camaraderie within the Club. It is as much down to the players to sort matters on the pitch as it is the Manager. I suspect, however, that by mid-January and post Third Round FA Cup his future may have been decided but, if so, I sincerely hope it's a positive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.