Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been going on for years now. Fully deserved most the time
I think this answers the point about productivity.

I doubt it really hurts either, but if you believe that football is a confidence game (I think that's an overhyped cliche), it doesn't quite make sense to boo your own side.

as a former teacher it took me awhile to ingrain in myself that ppl respond to positive reinforcements. I realize you'll say they are professionals, but I don't see the harm in praising who performs well and let the reserved support speak for itself.

but again I don't really know if booing hurts, except that players prob don't enjoy it and I think it's generally best to have players enjoy as many aspects of the club they play for as possible.

When was the last time we scored first in a match?

I genuinely can’t reember :(
I was thinking back to the infamous incidents when we were 3-0 up against QPR. This gutless bunch only have themselves to blame, but what we would do, to go back to beating bottom dwellers 3-0 again.

In the Gareth Farrelly interview we did for GOT TV, he told me about a game at Goodison where he missed a chance and got loads of stick. He heard everything and knew the fans were wanting him to get off. He said he just tried to carry on but it evidently didn’t help.
That side was probably poorer in terms of quality than this on paper,but they didn't shirk their responsibilities effortwise,I dread to think of we had a "Coventry"style scenario with this spineless shower!

Maybe the Team and Manager need to start asking why the fans are booing, there is a reason for it and it's not because we are playing good football and winning games. If they can't handle it, maybe they should look in the mirror and ask themselves if they deserve not only millions of pounds that come out of working class pockets but our support, at the moment it's tough to get behind, there is nothing there.

I don't think it helps and every player reacts differently, fans are also a reactive bunch, if it's good they cheer and sing, if it's bad, we all know fans will let you know it's bad. You can forgive one or two poor performances now and again, but this is every week now, it's embarrassing to be an Evertonian with this lot representing us and I'm never embarrassed to be a Blue.

I noticed that many supporters actually booed our players during the match today, with some even going as far as to shout abuse at them.

The journalist who interviewed Sam after the match also picked up on this development. He asked Sam about it and Sam said the following:

“I have no problem with them booing us, as they deserved booing. The players should listen to that, as I do.”

Is such behaviour from supporters productive, or is it futile? Does it make our players perform better, or does it play into the hands of the opposition? It's a difficult one.
Play gash = get booed
#bringbackthecushions

That performance deserved full time boos. The whole club deserves abuse right now. It's fans only means of showing frustration and history has shown it's the only way that things get done at this club.
Personally, I never have booed and I doubt I ever will for a number of reasons, however that's simply and purely a personal choice of my own.

While I do think we have a contingent of fans who in recent years have booed far too 'readily', yesterday I fully understand peoples' frustrations.

And for that reason alone I agree that the performance yesterday probably did deserve quite a strong rebuttal; if that's booing, then so be it.

The lack of passion, effort and general pride in their performances from a number of players was, and continues to be, simply unacceptable.

The way the team are playing it's fully deserved. The atmosphere in home games is embarrassing, our fans just sit and moan all game and don't get behind the team.

The way the team are playing it's fully deserved. The atmosphere in home games is embarrassing, our fans just sit and moan all game and don't get behind the team.
It's become like a morgue and people could rightfully claim that the lack of atmosphere isn't helping and that we, as fans, should be helping more.

Yet, deep-down we go to watch Everton not just as supporters but for entertainment; that's not always the best football but also through passion.

In the mainstay, the players (bar a few notable individuals) are offering us very little entertainment on the pitch either through football or passion.

So it's also difficult to expect the fans to unquestionably get behind the players as when we have it's almost repeatedly not been utilised.

Unfortunately, that's the vicious cycle the club has got itself into... the atmosphere at Analfield for example show that we are still there to help.

It' not like the players have been great all season and just got booed anway

They have been a disgrace for the whole season

If I went to work and was this bad at it id have been sacked and booed on my way out

It' not the getting beat that get booed it' the total lack of effort and commitment. See in the first half for siggy McCarthy and tosun chased after abar 3 players during a few minutes spell in the first half near the gwladers the crowd responded and got stuck in

Can slam the fans all you want but we pay money to see some of these players stroll around on mega money like they don't give a toss

Boooo

Status
Not open for further replies.